Elgin vStirling

important game for both teams for different reasons. If Elgin lose and Albion and Bonnyrigg win Elgin go bottom. Elgin still to play Albion away and Bonnyrigg away in the last game of the season. I am not confident about Elgin’s chances but a surprise win  v Stirling this Saturday would help a lot. A nervous end to the season

2 hours ago, elginer said:

important game for both teams for different reasons. If Elgin lose and Albion and Bonnyrigg win Elgin go bottom. Elgin still to play Albion away and Bonnyrigg away in the last game of the season. I am not confident about Elgin’s chances but a surprise win  v Stirling this Saturday would help a lot. A nervous end to the season

Everybody is nervous over something this season.  So much at stake from top to bottom.

You could make a case for all three outcomes in this one, Albion top of the league and in their own hands but, that is in part down to Dumbarton's mini implosion of late, not really blowing teams away and a lot of draws lately, I think Kai Fotheringham has been the big miss in these tight games. 

Elgin traditionally strong at home but having a poor season, Stirling Albion a bit hot and cold lately but still unbeaten this calendar year, won't be going near this one on the fixed odds on Saturday for sure but hopefully the Binos do the business. 

I haven't been to every game but, the ones I have seen since Kai went back to Dundee United, I think Jack Leitch has really stepped up to the mark and shown more of the obvious talent we all know he possess at this level, aside from the error for Dumbarton's second goal at the weekend he has been the stand out player of late for me.

Although a very very good young player and obviously a jewel in the Stirling side, when Kai played I never saw us as a one man team. In actual fact, I think Kai complemented was is a good team, well. Sure to lose a player of that ability is a blow, thankfully it's not one that looks to have cost us a promotion push but I think that's down to the team and the work ethic which was around him. Jack Leitch has indeed stepped up his efforts in that creative role, but so have others. Players like Jack are at this level because they do have the ability, but the consistency probably isn't there to play for an SPL or Championship club.

Darren Young tells us there are 9 cup finals ahead and that's the way we need to look at this game. I'm sure we will drop points over the coming weeks but to would be great to have a little cushion between us and Dumbarton as quickly as possible, and with the form Elgin are in then we must be looking at anything other than 3 points as a bit of a kick in the teeth.

We need to be winning this game but I’ve seen us lose to Elgin so many times that I’m a bit scared no matter how their form is. Hester always scores against us. It’s like the Law Of Gravity, or Pythagoras Theorem — a constant that has been proven time and again. 

Therefore we will need to score at least twice to win. Hope we get at them from the start and score an early 5 goals to settle my nerves. In fact make it 6 then I can truly relax. 

Prediction Elgin 1 Binos 2, attendance 689. 

2 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

We have Elgin Saturday and again on Tuesday night.While 6 points would be great from these 2 games,I dont think Elgin will be pushovers.I would gladly take 4 points from the 2 games.

4 points would keep us on course re DY target, for last quarter.

On 31/03/2023 at 08:57, BinoBalls said:

Hester always scores against us. It’s like the Law Of Gravity, or Pythagoras Theorem — a constant that has been proven time and again. 

One might say you could put money on it....?

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Hello Highland League.

Looking very like it. Might as well never have left.

Although I suppose it did allow me to see the likes of Queen's Park, East Stirlingshire and Gretna in Scottish League fixtures.

Edited by Jacksgranda