How popular is your name

Over 500 when I was born (70's), steep decline til the 90's, and virtually none since.

Nae wonder, my name is a train spotter-y shiter. Pretty much no-one except my parents call me it, and I much prefer 'torn faced c**t' anyway.

• Looks like I was born at the height of Dave-o-Mania, with more than 2000 of us being born in 1979. As of 2022, there were just 75 Davids born in Scotland. At this rate we'll never make the Republic of Dave a reality  :(
  • My mother's name was very popular - you'll find plenty of Boomers with it. Wouldn't surprise me if it made a Top 10 of girls names in the 1940s, but only 1 girl was given her name for each year between 2019 and 2021.
  • Still a few hundred boys with my father's name born in 2022, but that's the lowest on record and down to about 20% of the total in 1974. 
  • My granny's name went out of fashion for a while too, but is now more popular than at any time since 1974, probably because traditionally Scottish-sounding names are popular again.
  • I didn't realise that I gave my son a retro name until now. Around 400 born in 1974, and has slowly dropped to the point that 20 were born last year. It got a brief, massive dunt in the Eighties though, which I genuinely think is due to association with a notoriously violent serial killer of the time.

Fun fact: there have been four girls born in Scotland with the name Hoor since 2000. Hope they're enjoying school.