Clyde v Falkirk

Fair play to Clyde. They strung 11 men behind the ball and said to Falkirk come and break us down. We never looked near to it and their keeper did not have a save to make. 

Pleasantly surprised by that, not dissimilar to the Airdrie performance but with a bit more sharpness at the back and less blunders. Disappointing not to have won given some of the chances we created, but there are at least small signs of a bit of hope for the play-offs. I've been critical of Doherty, but he had a right good game today and picked his battles much better than he has done at times. Plenty of graft from everyone else (subs definitely should've come sooner) and I was only really disappointed by Rennie and Cunningham; even Lyon put in a good showing. One of Scullion's better games too, I'd be looking to tie him down for next season to be honest given his age and likely wages.

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Fair play to Clyde. They strung 11 men behind the ball and said to Falkirk come and break us down. We never looked near to it and their keeper did not have a save to make. 

Pleasing. And that's Clyde, Kelty and QoTS now that you've bottles it against. The McGlynn wheels are beginning to loosen. 

1 minute ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Pleasing. And that's Clyde, Kelty and QoTS now that you've bottles it against. The McGlynn wheels are beginning to loosen. 

Aye you lot know all about bottle crashing of course 

I would have taken a point before a ball was kicked, but came away thinking that we would have been worthy of all three.  I do wonder of Falkirk have a pact with the Fifers - when they drop points, so too do Falkirk.  Not a classic, but for a full-time team chasing promotion, Falkirk were woeful.  One player stood out for me, and that was their no3, Rowe who looked like a player.  Brad McKay would be a bombscare in a back 10.   Why he still gets played is baffling.  

A neutral would not have been able to work out which team was at the top and which one was at the bottom.  I can't see Falkirk getting past Airdrie in the playoffs.  As they have had more draws of late than the Cisco Kid, the league can now only be thrown away by the Fifers.  

1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Thankfully and amusingly that rarely happens, the last few months purple patch aside. 

Still, the SF and all that. 

Belittling a League 1 team getting to a Scottish Cuo semi eh.... Spoken like someone who has never seen there team achive anything.

I suppose being bitter as f**k and having all the patter of a teenage laddie comes with its limitations. 

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Belittling a League 1 team getting to a Scottish Cuo semi eh.... Spoken like someone who has never seen there team achive anything.

I suppose being bitter as f**k and having all the patter of a teenage laddie comes with its limitations. 

Fair do's if that's what you're taking from my post. 😂

I actually respect Falkirk for reaching the semi final, undeniably a huge achievement although it does seem like a massive distraction at the moment, not something you can afford when I assume your no 1 priority is still getting out of L1.