New Strips 23/24

8 hours ago, Beckford said:

Not a show stopper but not getting the hate for what looks on line like a decent effort. As an accies fan i can only dream of having a commercial department capable of releasing a new kit before the start of any new season. But then they haven't even been able to get the badge right or full hoops in over a decade so appreciate what you do have troops, things could be so much worse! On a side note, slightly different hue for the home strip lichties? Looks more "red" than your usual or is that just way it looks on line?

Don't get the obsession with 'must be full hoops'. Lot of Morton fans are the same. Granted our current offering with a completely plain back is poor, looks like 2 shirts sewn together. Thin side panels, number box at the back are fine in my book akd often look more modern.

Don't know the badge issue but wild to see an Accies fan moaning about shirt design. Would have killed for any of your Adidas home shirts of recent years but in blue.

The full hoop thing is maybe more of an issue for the older fan? The Hamilton Academy / Academical link maybe why a lot of us feel strongly about it. The issue with our crest is the fact its been reversed and not a red shield as per the towns coat of arms. Fair enough Jamie, i would have loved to have seen us having your recent retro strip in red lol! You boys still thinking of bringing the chevron kit back? (the b&q cup top as we know it in red)

1 hour ago, Beckford said:

The full hoop thing is maybe more of an issue for the older fan? The Hamilton Academy / Academical link maybe why a lot of us feel strongly about it. The issue with our crest is the fact its been reversed and not a red shield as per the towns coat of arms. Fair enough Jamie, i would have loved to have seen us having your recent retro strip in red lol! You boys still thinking of bringing the chevron kit back? (the b&q cup top as we know it in red)

Yeah, this you are right it's mostly an older generation thing about the full hoops.

In terms of design, our retro top was a work of art.

Some quality issues with a small time manufacturer though had me pining for a decent make and Adidas would have topped my list even if it had to be a template (as long as the club chose a good one, not lke the Nike Ajax style fiasco we had a few years ago). The older generation pined for Umbro.

We have signed a retro deal with Matchwinner so the chevrons and the blue tartan tops are both being released. Both have been pre-ordered.

Joma will be providing a bespoke kit for the first time for us this year. Will need to be something special to beat the retro releases.

Nice one, great to see a club engage with its fans regarding kit design.  Supply and demand and all that. Forgot about your tartan strip! The chevron  derby could have been a laugh, but reckon it will be a while before we are in the same league again never mind same kit 😪

Edited by Beckford

On 23/05/2023 at 11:08, Jamie_M said:

Don't get the obsession with 'must be full hoops'. Lot of Morton fans are the same. Granted our current offering with a completely plain back is poor, looks like 2 shirts sewn together. Thin side panels, number box at the back are fine in my book akd often look more modern.

Reckon it depends upon the size of the hoops too.  Macron ditched the full hoops on this year's QP shirts, which Admiral  had kept, personally the plain black with the narrow QP hoops I think looks a bit weird, conversely of course my son reckons the full narrow hooped shirt should have come with a bike, beret, garlic and onions.

Whatever happens with ours, I hope they ditch that god-awful red change effort, which was evidently a half past four on a Friday afternoon job.

Slightly better than last year but still very meh. Need a darker blue, Joma keep giving us a very QoS shade. 

Joma do just seem shit tbh. 

47 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Thought it was okay until I noticed the stripes on the front don’t line up with the stripes on the back.

Looks really bad on the Baird shirt, not so bad on others. Hopefully just a dodgy prototype rather than a quality control issue.

Agree with the meh comments. Nothing overly offensive about it it's just boring and disappointing when they bigged up getting a bespoke kit and what we could have had.

Glad I dropped my money on the matchwinner reissues rather than waiting to see this one.

The back is better than last years snider at least.

FB_IMG_1685531964610.thumb.jpg.9c9ed13baa69d668b038bc1489f5bacc.jpg

Edited by Jamie_M

On 22/05/2023 at 06:35, Pens_Dark said:

I don't mind it for the most part - I like the sleeves. The collar is a bit weird though.

The away top collar makes me think of insert tab a in slot b instructions…and the away tops seem to be three different colours.

12 hours ago, par-adise said:

Joma have chucked it. We had some very good efforts early in our deal with them but the last 2/3 years have been poor. That Morton shirt isn't awful, just really uninspiring. 

Heard a rumour we might be going back to Joma,   not a, fan,  everything doesn't matter what club something always seems off with it,  badge not sitting right,  stripes not meeting at shoulders etc,   to me they are a,modern equivalent of Spall..   Remember them

That Aye top is fantastic, the lichties one is gorgeous, but the Dees one is an all-timer. Fantastic top.

I'm looking forward to ours tbh. 

Stripes, more black and a smaller sponsor please Santa.