New Strips 23/24

15 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I was thinking the same with the patterns, seems to be the in thing at the moment. A few of our kits in the past few seasons have had similar 

Don't know who makes your team's kit, but macron have a habit of recycling designs.

Edited by Crawford

Our 2022 season was graced with a stellar reproduction of the 1922 cup-winning strip complete with old-style shirt collar and no sponsorship. Still my favourite-ever Morton strip. Since 2024 is the club’s sesquicentennial (for Livingston supporters - that means 150 years btw) - I’d love to see a season played in our original 1874 strip;

A810E060-53FF-4C51-A964-EC66022AEE94.jpeg.2f3c2ccd915cad1a0e30416dd92e0bd1.jpeg

Edited by Chippyminton

40 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

Our 2022 season was graced with a stellar reproduction of the 1922 cup-winning strip complete with old-style shirt collar and no sponsorship. Still my favourite-ever Morton strip. Since 2024 is the club’s sesquicentennial (for Partick supporters - that means 150 years FYI) - I’d love to see a season played in our original 1874 strip;

A810E060-53FF-4C51-A964-EC66022AEE94.jpeg.2f3c2ccd915cad1a0e30416dd92e0bd1.jpeg

Including the long trousers? Do it!

4 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I thought teams normally didnt announce new kits until their season was over?

Oh.

Ayr United are actually going to be playing their last home league game in next seasons new home strip 

7 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Ayr United are actually going to be playing their last home league game in next seasons new home strip 

Lot of teams used to do that - think it was a trend that started down south - but I'm guessing the suppliers don't get them to Scottish clubs quickly enough and perhaps sponsors will be on single season deals?

7 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Including the long trousers? Do it!

It would make us the most-recognisable team in global fitba 🤣 Especially if we also reintroduced bunnets, massive moustaches and a keeper smoking a fag during quieter periods of games. The whole authentic 1874 vibe …..

43 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Lot of teams used to do that - think it was a trend that started down south - but I'm guessing the suppliers don't get them to Scottish clubs quickly enough and perhaps sponsors will be on single season deals?

Was going to say this. I recall the Pars used to do it.

The need to do it is gone now that every club has an online shop, so the opportunity to model it and have folk see it in person was probably the main factor behind doing it.

Clubs now need such things for their socials when it all goes quiet over the summer.

Edited by DA Baracus

8 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Ooo exciting. I think instead of making any announcements in the run up to the game, it should just be a case of turn up to Somerset and see what the players come out in. Mystique and aw that.

54 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Do Ayr still do that thing where they paint the kit onto a topless model?

Nah.
Allegedly that was a idea bounced on the ex chairman by his mate who was sponsor at the time.
Was tacky as f**k regardless.

57 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Do Ayr still do that thing where they paint the kit onto a topless model?

Ayr never did it. The sponsor of the time arranged all of that.

It was never an official kit launch.

5 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Ayr never did it. The sponsor of the time arranged all of that.

It was never an official kit launch.

That Calvin Ayre fella wasn't it?
Odd boy and no mistake

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

IDK, not really feeling it…but rather bold posting it in a Championship new strips for next year.

Like it or not, we are currently a Championship team and as we've released our strip for next season before we know where we'll be, this is the division it needs to be posted in.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Like it or not, we are currently a Championship team and as we've released our strip for next season before we know where we'll be, this is the division it needs to be posted in.

I like it, shows your commitment to be here next year!