Dumbarton v Stenhousemuir

It will be the same pool of 15 players who were available for Wednesday evening’s game who will be involved again.

This is going to be fun...

I hope we start Ryan Wallace. He made a big impact on Wednesday. Aside from that, the team picks itself. The guys are going to be dead on their feet, the pitch is going to be heavy and Stenny have a good, deep and well rested squad. Hard to see us getting anything here unless they go down to 10 early or something.

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

This is going to be fun...

I hope we start Ryan Wallace. He made a big impact on Wednesday. Aside from that, the team picks itself. The guys are going to be dead on their feet, the pitch is going to be heavy and Stenny have a good, deep and well rested squad. Hard to see us getting anything here unless they go down to 10 early or something.

Agreed, hopefully he'll be fit enough to start.

29 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Away win to end any sniff of the title for this bunch of hammer throwers.

Will the bowling club be opened? 

Whatever happened to that Stenny title challenge?

Edited by FifeSons

24 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Mind they signed Craig Bryson?

After we signed Craig Bryson, I tweeted out something like he's either going to be the League 2 Player of the Season or he'll have chucked it after a couple of months... and I was right! Bryson was a superb player back in the day but the version that joined Stenhousemuir was miles off it and couldn't make a positive impact during his short spell at the club. A waste of time and money.

As for tomorrow? There are on six points separating third place from seventh, so it's still incredibly tight in the race for the top four, but even so, we really have to win if we're serious about getting promoted. Gary Naysmith's new manager bounce has worn off and it's fair to say we've hit a slump. I missed last weekend's game against Forfar Athletic but, by all accounts, it was a stodgy performance lacking in verve and spark. We'll have to do far better against Dumbarton but they're a side we've struggled against this season. We got a bit of a chasing on our first visit to the Rock a couple of weeks ago and they're not to be trifled with, even with their injury concerns and their own struggles.

I think this one might be a draw.

26 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

After we signed Craig Bryson, I tweeted out something like he's either going to be the League 2 Player of the Season or he'll have chucked it after a couple of months... and I was right! Bryson was a superb player back in the day but the version that joined Stenhousemuir was miles off it and couldn't make a positive impact during his short spell at the club. A waste of time and money.

As for tomorrow? There are on six points separating third place from seventh, so it's still incredibly tight in the race for the top four, but even so, we really have to win if we're serious about getting promoted. Gary Naysmith's new manager bounce has worn off and it's fair to say we've hit a slump. I missed last weekend's game against Forfar Athletic but, by all accounts, it was a stodgy performance lacking in verve and spark. We'll have to do far better against Dumbarton but they're a side we've struggled against this season. We got a bit of a chasing on our first visit to the Rock a couple of weeks ago and they're not to be trifled with, even with their injury concerns and their own struggles.

I think this one might be a draw.

I'd need to go back and check the wording, but I'm sure I posted more or less the same on here at the time of his signing.

In the midst of the gloom enveloping the Rock at the moment I take a bit of hope from the number of chances we created on Wednesday night, three in the second half alone were frankly dreadful misses.

If we can continue to do that whilst keeping things tight at the back then we may well see a contest tomorrow.  Given the casualty list that's about all we can realistically ask.  That and a very rare Elgin home win.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III