Dunfermline vs Kelty 01/04/23

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I don't get Kelty's approach to this game. They aren't going down, they aren't going to be in the play offs at either end. Why not come and have a go, try and get what would be a famous first win in a competitive game at East End Park, show that they have something about then? Instead it's like a training match of attack v defense. They might well end up getting a point out of this (and they have a corner so watch them score now) but it's eye bleeding stuff. 

We are playing into their hands somewhat mind you, some of our approach play and crossing has been abysmal. Wighton with his header and then kicking it off his standing leg are about the only real chances we've made. Abject stuff tbh.

They did the same at our place. 

credit to potter/Kelty, they had a game plan and it was executed very well.   First half was were getting a lot of joy out wide but they were prepared for that and had defenders lined up to clear the crosses.

2nd half I think we recognized we had to play more through the middle more but didn’t really get going and ended up forcing things too much.  

Todd being available would have helped as it would have given another option having someone who can finish from outside the box but overall as much as I like this squad of players we lack a true match winner like dom Thomas who we can just give the ball too when a team camps in against us.

Todd is a massive loss when he is out. Even though that was shite today, Kelty did absolutely nothing and we squandered a golden chance. Should be heading in to next week being able to win the league at that dump. Raging we can’t now! 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Brutal watch today. Much as I love the fact we're going to win this league, at times we've absolute murder. Thank god for us having a massive game next which should light up the Scottish game for 90 minutes.

Thought the booing at the end was a bit over the top today.  The team have given everything this season and 11 points clear of that lot. Harsh.

On a side note, the NW crew seemed very quiet today. They no happy about the partial closure for the Edinburgh game?

I thought Edwards had Aygeman in his back pocket today. Which was pleasing but also a bit worrying if we are lining him up as a replacement.

That said I can't imagine we would play as defensively as Kelty did today.

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

I thought Edwards had Aygeman in his back pocket today. Which was pleasing but also a bit worrying if we are lining him up as a replacement.

That said I can't imagine we would play as defensively as Kelty did today.

Agyman can stay in Kelty tbh. Shyte scoring record too.

9 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Agyman can stay in Kelty tbh. Shyte scoring record too.

You've got strikers lighting up the league right enough 😆

Today's game completely unsuited to seeing what his skills etc is. We'd be happy to keep Alfie as he'll only get better.

Dunfermline are a big club & should for sure be in the championship at least but harsh to hear booing at the end considering you'll romp the league in the end.

10 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Dunfermline are a big club & should for sure be in the championship at least but harsh to hear booing at the end considering you'll romp the league in the end.

Probably frustration that we could have put us in the position to win the league in Grangemouth and didnt take that opportunity 

Edited by 101

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Probably frustration that we could have put us in the position to win the league in Grangemouth and did take that opportunity 

Would have set up a tasty opportunity for sure.

It's been great to see our club in the same league as the Pars but I think you'll be out if sight for us for a while after this season now.

Not a great game yesterday but would take a point away all day long , Dont think a player in either team broke a sweat yesterday and pars didn't really get up and going  till last 2  or 3 mins , when we had the ball we played it around well but have hee haw up top , great to see Shrearer get on but was really up against it up top himself , best player on the pitch was the lad pars have from Rangers 

10 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Would have set up a tasty opportunity for sure.

It's been great to see our club in the same league as the Pars but I think you'll be out if sight for us for a while after this season now.

A couple of inspired signings and you'd find yourself in play off territory. 

They’ve got every right to boo. They pay good money to be entertained and it was utter pish. That was yet another home game (against anti-football dross) we could have played all day and not score.

On Agyeman: he has never impressed me and I would be underwhelmed if he was our marquee striker for next season. His goalscoring record is no better than Todorov’s. Nowhere near good enough for the Championship. Would keep Wighton but we need someone a lot better for the Championship than what we’ve got, and Agyeman is not the answer.  

Said it at the game yesterday priority in the summer has to be up front. Wouldn't be too fussed if Todorov and O'Hara were released and McCann went out on loan next season. Give Wiggy a deal and get a couple of strikers in.

Our strikers are an odd bunch. All look good at times, but all look poor at times. The amount of balls we got into the box yesterday, but nobody attacked any of them. There was no strikers instinct. None of the strikers made any movement to try and get away from defenders/create space. It was the same v Edinburgh.

Can’t underestimate what Todd adds, with his diagonal runs forward that will pull defenders out of position and create space. I just don’t feel like anyone else has that type of footballing brain to match his off the ball running.