Alloa vs Airdrie 1/4/23

5 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Big game! We should be going into this full of confidence after the last 3 games. 

As we've won the last 3 games too the same can be said about us.

Both team will be going to Saturday with confidence.   Alloa being the home team should be looking to win.   The main thing with airdrie in recent weeks is the difference having josh rae back has made to the defence.  Previously most mistakes were costing goals.   Certainly has made a difference to the confidence.   I don't predict a spade load of goals this week I settle for a tight 2 - 1 away win. 

46 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

You only need to score one more than the opposition to win.

How many extra points did you get for scoring 18 goals?

Alloa to miss out on playoffs by goal difference now. It’s written in the stars.  

Regardless, out of the two teams AIRDRIE will be going into this with more confidence due to our scoring form which again, I must point is 18 goals in three games and not 7. 

Edited by Diamond1924

Most folk will see this as a very tight and close encounter of the fourth kind this season ( hate this format of ten teams) and maybe a further set of play off possibilities

Alloa have had the home edge over many of the last meetings, and I see it being a tough game for us to win.

Confidence is certainly there for both sides and I suspect a scoring draw is likely. I've not yet predicted as I'm still on cloud nine reading P/B and watching reruns of KT setting off from deep for that marvellous second goal.  Viva Escocia!

My neutral view of this game, on CURRENT FORM, is that Airdrie will outscore Alloa, something like 3-1.

I'd prefer a draw myself, but think Alloa are not that good, and see Airdrie being too strong on this occasion.

Edited by Tenkay

This really is crunch time 3 teams into 2 playoff slots don't go,   Airdrie although last 3 games have been great against basically cannon fodder,  Allo a especially at home are very decent,  if we drop 3 points this week, we could be in deep trouble,  with Dunfermline and Falkirk on the horizon,   Edinburgh are up and down like a whores knickers,   and they still have the aforementioned cannon fodder still to play Peter head and Clyde,  I think 58 points will get 4 th place, this Saturday is pivotal,

I would be happy enough with a draw, keeps Allo a close and Edinburgh behind....

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Most folk will see this as a very tight and close encounter of the fifth kind this season ( hate this format of ten teams) and maybe a further set of play off possibilities.

FTFY

Not looking forward to the possibility of meeting a 6th and 7th time but home advantage has been king as it stands.

It's going to be fascinating to see how we set up as there has been 3 competent wins with our same lineup - but the left sided players are all returning from injury and there's been plenty of times we could have used a left footed delivery. Big decisions to be made.

For me, Josh Rae in goals makes a huge difference to the side and had he been fit for most of the season I believe we would be pushing Dunfermline.

I believe that we will offer enough of a goal threat on Saturday to win this quite comfortably despite being away from home. If we can nullify the arial threat from Alloa at set pieces then we should be fairly comfortable and this begs the question as to whether ATS will regain his position.

1 hour ago, Diamond1924 said:

Alloa to miss out on playoffs by goal difference now. It’s written in the stars.  

Regardless, out of the two teams AIRDRIE will be going into this with more confidence due to our scoring form which again, I must point is 18 goals in three games and not 7. 

To be fair opposition has to be taken into account.

2 minutes ago, Jack Reed said:

To be fair opposition has to be taken into account.

Two of Alloa’s last three games were against the same opposition in Clyde and Peterhead who we beat with a combined score of 12-1 

Edited by Diamond1924

12 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Two of Alloa’s last three games were against the same opposition in Clyde and Peterhead who we beat with a combined score of 12-1 

Ah so that's how football works ? does not matter if home or away or other circumstances ? peterhead drew twice at east end park which means ?

Seriously though tough match with a really in form Airdrie should be a good game will go a good way to deciding the playoff places

49 minutes ago, dextermorgan said:

For me, Josh Rae in goals makes a huge difference to the side and had he been fit for most of the season I believe we would be pushing Dunfermline.

I believe that we will offer enough of a goal threat on Saturday to win this quite comfortably despite being away from home. If we can nullify the arial threat from Alloa at set pieces then we should be fairly comfortable and this begs the question as to whether ATS will regain his position.

Could be ATS in and McMaster making way for Rhys.

1 hour ago, Vegetableman said:

Ah so that's how football works ? does not matter if home or away or other circumstances ? peterhead drew twice at east end park which means ?

Seriously though tough match with a really in form Airdrie should be a good game will go a good way to deciding the playoff places

Ahah chill out mate

1 hour ago, LeodhasXD said:

FTFY

Not looking forward to the possibility of meeting a 6th and 7th time but home advantage has been king as it stands.

It's going to be fascinating to see how we set up as there has been 3 competent wins with our same lineup - but the left sided players are all returning from injury and there's been plenty of times we could have used a left footed delivery. Big decisions to be made.

I'm assuming I missed out /forgot that Friday night cup game as it was such an  unmemorable performance from us !

Will be hoping we get the play off spot despite all our travails over the year as well. 

Cheers