Morton v ICT

Big game for both clubs,

Morton need a win to get our playoff push back on track. Not won in 4( albeit only 1 loss in 8 )  and with Thistle playing Cove, we really need 3 points here. If we do, it all but kills Caley's faint playoff hopes. They would be at least 7 points off 4th with 6 games to play and a worse goal difference than both Morton and Thistle.

A draw doesn't really help either team so expect an open game.

I'd like to think Quitongo is not far away, we really miss his pace and directness but if not, I'd expect the same team as Arbroath after playing so well. There will be calls ( again) for McGrattan to start but Dougie has had plenty of chances of late and he remains on the bench so would be surprised if that changes on Sat. 

We've had the better of Inverness all season and should go into this with confidence. We absolutely battered Arbroath in our last game and on another night we score 4 or 5 easy. Play like we did last Friday and I'm confident we win this.

Oakley not playing against Inverness was strange last time out. i know Dougie came out and said he had personal issues to deal with but i just wonder if an agreement was in place that Inverness only release him if he didn't play against us in that game. You'd imagine he was desperate to play to get it right up Dodds.  I'm sure he's looking forward to Saturday.

2-0. Oakley double.

Edited by madton

33 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I really can’t see The Caley failing to beat a club like Morton over an entire season. We usually finish strong and we’ve finally hit a decent little run.

Morton 1 The Caley 6.

You're in good company, Queen Park, Dundee and Cove haven't beat us either.

On the flip side, Arbroath have only won 5 games all season, yet we have failed to beat them in 4 attempts. Ayr the only other side we haven't taken 3 points from.

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Gorgeous George Oakley to score 4 and celebrate in front of Dodds.

Won’t be attending this unfortunately as I’ll be keeping my hard earned cash for the extravagant ticket prices of the semi final 

For all big George's physical presence, he comes across as a genuinely nice big guy and he'd love to score and beat Caley, which I think he will, but I don't think he'd be the type to rub their noses in it.

19 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

I really can’t see The Caley failing to beat a club like Morton over an entire season. We usually finish strong and we’ve finally hit a decent little run.

Morton 1 The Caley 6.

^^^    Not so much North Stand, more the Stand Comedy Club.

3 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

^^^    Not so much North Stand, more the Stand Comedy Club.

To be fair you’ve not finished above us this century. This is your best season in years and our worst and there’s only 4 points in it.

The Caley should be winning this!

3 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

To be fair you’ve not finished above us this century. This is your best season in years and our worst and there’s only 4 points in it.

The Caley should be winning this!

So?? Scotland hadn’t beat Spain for 39 years……..     till Tuesday.

The only games that could be thought to have any relevance to this Saturday are the three games between the clubs this season - and they don’t provide much justification for “the Caley should be winning this”, do they?  Four-nil for us the last time you were here……. and we’re a stronger team since then.

The Marcelo Bielsa formation for me please!

Ridgers

Welsh Deas Delaney

Allardice

Carson                                Harper

Shaw

Henderson       Mckay       Samuels

Edited by Highland Capital

Good news that all Ton players are fit for this one, except Strapp who is now in rehab.

Jai back will give us good options and ability to freshen up at 60 mins without any loss in quality.  

Expect a good open game with both teams in good form and uplifted on hearing the Ayr result last night.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

So its the BranchTON Teuchters today in their state of the art stadia complex.

Has the shine went off Imries shite yet?

I don't think you deserved that Sandy.

Perhaps they feel aggrieved that you've went with their special vernacular.