Obscure/unique

On 28/03/2023 at 02:24, peasy23 said:

My workmate has a track car and regularly raced at Kames, he thought I was talking pish when I told him there used to be a football ground further up the hill. 

He might also be surprised to know the track was built on streets of former miners cottages, a railway goods yard n railway station. The park was only isolated when all were knocked doon post war.

• 1 month later...
On 27/03/2023 at 10:06, Shanner said:

Mind going up to Hermes (I think) in the senior Scottish years ago and it had big satellite dish things next to it.

Yep been there twice big satellite dish. And first time and old boy accidentally took his TV remote instead of his phone lol 

On 27/03/2023 at 20:28, Hillonearth said:

I walked up to it last time I was at a game there - the way the buses ran I had about an hour to kill before kickoff. The footprint of the stand's still there and there's the shell of some building I think might have been the changing rooms. Worth visiting for sure, although inevitably it started absolutely pishing it down on the way back down the hill.

Played there in the late sixties and early seventies . Loved it big bath and open fire . As a young man it was great to be playing at these parks. I remember a lurcher chasing a rabbit across the park during the game .

Brilliant, Sweep !

I also remember clearing the snow off the lines before the game. In late April / early May.

The compensation for that was that the ladies had a great big pot of home made soup going all the time. Good soup.

And...rolls with mince. Not joking...lovely bread rolls filled with mince.

Eh,...you've got me worried now that the dug might've caught the wabbit. Where did they get the mince again ?

• 4 weeks later...