THE RUN IN

Well it's the business end of the season all the spade work done and just to see what fruits our teams will bare 

For us it's been a huge learning curve , lots of ups and downs but looking well safe and start preparing for life in a league 1 again next season 

Automatic Promotion is looking like Dunfermlines to lose can't see it and are worthy winners 

playoffs are tight with probably Airdrie and  Falkirk shoe in's and  any one of 3 for the final spot imo 

Relegation -  can see the playoffs coming to whoever picks up that elusive win and then the head to head can't really call it to be fair 

Can see Stirling grabbing auto promotion spot and either Peterhead or Clyde winning playoff 

Hamilton automatically down with Arbroath winning playoff 

Beat of luck to all involved , we are now officially on the beach 

Mon Kelty 

Edited by Kelheart

Hoping Hamilton come down along with Arbroath. Have to imagine Falkirk will have a bigger budget than both them next season so hopefully they go up, as painful as it is to say. 

I wouldn't have Airdrie as shoe ins for a playoff tbh. They have blown sides away this season at times but EFC seem to have their number and they've failed to beat us this season even at our shittest. They've to play ourselves and EFC once more so they'll likely need to do something they've failed to do so far. 

Alloa have our number as well unfortunately so it's hard to see them beating us again in a couple of weeks. If they do then it probably puts the final nail in our coffin. If we manage a rare win against them in that game it at least keeps it interesting*. 

EFC are having a bit of a dip the now and if Montrose fail to beat Falkirk in their game in hand I think they're probably out the running as well. 

The playoff contenders look to be meeting each other so it should be a good ending to the season, potentially going to the last game or two. Hopefully we're in with a shout until the end of the season which is something I had completely ruled out happening by January so I'm happy we even have something to discuss in here the now!

* Providing we beat Peterhead on Saturday. 

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hoping Hamilton come down along with Arbroath. Have to imagine Falkirk will have a bigger budget than both them next season so hopefully they go up, as painful as it is to say. 

I wouldn't have Airdrie as shoe ins for a playoff tbh. They have blown sides away this season at times but EFC seem to have their number and they've failed to beat us this season even at our shittest. They've to play ourselves and EFC once more so they'll likely need to do something they've failed to do so far. 

Alloa have our number as well unfortunately so it's hard to see them beating us again in a couple of weeks. If they do then it probably puts the final nail in our coffin. If we manage a rare win against them in that game it at least keeps it interesting*. 

EFC are having a bit of a dip the now and if Montrose fail to beat Falkirk in their game in hand I think they're probably out the running as well. 

The playoff contenders look to be meeting each other so it should be a good ending to the season, potentially going to the last game or two. Hopefully we're in with a shout until the end of the season which is something I had completely ruled out happening by January so I'm happy we even have something to discuss in here the now!

* Providing we beat Peterhead on Saturday. 

Think you are just out of it but who knows best of luck for the run in and us at home last game could see us playing a good few young ones , might actually get some points from us 😂😂

Good solid season in league 1 for kelty after a sticky start. Speaking to folk up at NCP they always felt league 1 was the aim(basically the top end of part time football) and sneaking into the championship as an ambition if they could. So consolidating is a decent achievement.

Hopefully we cant blow the league from here. Just having a quite squint at the table and alloa have sneaked up and only 4 points off falkirk now. But I think airdrie might just be hitting form at the right time(albeit I think they did the same last year?).

Looks like it will be cove in the playoffs as I expect Hamilton to go down. Albeit dick campbell to knock Falkirk out in the playoffs would be pretty funny. 

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

I'd expect Hamilton to overtake Cove. I have no idea how good they are so no idea how the playoffs will pan out. 

Up till Falkirk played us I don't think there was any doubt about them being the best bet from this league for the playoffs, I thought the Ayr game would help them kick on again but they've went on a bit of a malaise. 

I remember when Rangers were in the league we qualified for the playoffs, however had weeks at the end of the season where we had nothing to play for league wise, we didn't go into the playoffs in the best form and looked shite throughout them. 

I get Airdries scoring run looks impressive but it's been as kind a run of form as you could have. If QoTS get into the playoffs they'll be flying, that could play a part. 

I think I still fancy Falkirk to come out on top, I think. 

5 hours ago, Kelheart said:

playoffs are tight with probably Airdrie and  Falkirk shoe in's and  any one of 3 for the final spot imo

I have zero idea why Airdrie are a shoe in on a par with Falkirk (who are 7 points ahead of them) but Alloa are apparently "not" shoe ins despite being 2 points ahead of Airdrie with both having 6 to play?

Nor am I clear which 3 teams are competing for that final spot in your opinion either? Presumably Alloa and Edinburgh are two. Is the other us or Montrose, split by 1 point with them having a game in hand which is against Falkirk. Either both should be in the mix or both aren't depending on whether you think we are too far back.

For my money, Dunfermline are certain champions. Falkirk are certain playoff qualifiers. Nobody else is certain of anything yet. Even if ourselves and Montrose are too far back Edinburgh certainly aren't. A lot of head to heads will be crucial. As will be the attitudes of Falkirk and Dunfermline to end of season meaningless games when League / playoffs are clinched. We need to win 5 of 6 to have any chance and may even need all 6. We've likely left finding our form too late.

38 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I have zero idea why Airdrie are a shoe in on a par with Falkirk (who are 7 points ahead of them) but Alloa are apparently "not" shoe ins despite being 2 points ahead of Airdrie with both having 6 to play?

Nor am I clear which 3 teams are competing for that final spot in your opinion either? Presumably Alloa and Edinburgh are two. Is the other us or Montrose, split by 1 point with them having a game in hand which is against Falkirk. Either both should be in the mix or both aren't depending on whether you think we are too far back.

For my money, Dunfermline are certain champions. Falkirk are certain playoff qualifiers. Nobody else is certain of anything yet. Even if ourselves and Montrose are too far back Edinburgh certainly aren't. A lot of head to heads will be crucial. As will be the attitudes of Falkirk and Dunfermline to end of season meaningless games when League / playoffs are clinched. We need to win 5 of 6 to have any chance and may even need all 6. We've likely left finding our form too late.

Actually tipped Alloa to win the league 🤦‍♂️I'm only going by what I've seen of teams this season , just think Airdrie and Falkirk will see it out for definite the rest in the mix are a free for all imo 

33 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Edinburgh seem to have the most favourable run in and have Airdrie at home last game of season which looks as if it could be tasty.

Alloa v Airdrie this coming weekend is a must not lose game for the diamonds although a win allied to our goal difference would be massive for us. (pretty sure either Airdrie or Alloa will be in the top 4) Montrose will need to beat Edinburgh or that will be that for them but if they do then that would bring QOS right back into it assuming they pick up the expected 3 points at home to Peterhead. 

Yes still all to play for but a few clubs dining in the last chance saloon.

7 hours ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

I hope Kelty stay up.

Unless my ageing brain is failing me (again) Kelty are now arithmetically safe, the bottom two will be Clyde and Peterhead (the order to be decided) and neither can now catch Kelty's 34 points.

Pars champions as the Bairns seem to be a bit distracted by the looming cup semi at Hampden, but the Bairns will be in the playoffs - that's definite for me.  Alloa are the next best bet for the playoffs.  The last playoff will obviously be between Airdrie, Embra, Queens and Montrose.

As for Queens, I think we've left it too late and so whilst we are not yet officially "on the beach", we certainly already have the buckets and spades packed in the boot.  That said, if we beat Peterhead on Saturday (yes, I know but this is QOS we're talking about) it could yet get interesting and momentum is a big thing at the sharp end of the season. Trouble is we've still to play Alloa and the last time Queens beat Alloa Brachiosaurus still roamed the planet - or at least that's what it feels like!

If we do stay in it, the second last game at Airdrie should be a stoater, and if we make it to the final home game with Kelty then at long last we should finally have some decent numbers back in Palmy to make it a noisy affair.  It is however, the hope that kills as they say ...

Dunfermline up. 

Airdrie, Falkirk and Alloa all in playoffs. Can’t see Arbroath/Cove losing over two legs against any one. 

Peterhead to go down and Clyde to stay up via playoffs. 

Been hugely surprised by QOTS and Montrose this season. Thought they would have been right up there. 

Edinburgh and Kelty will need to have another go next season. 

Edited by Diamond1924

4 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Airdrie, Falkirk and Alloa all in playoffs. Can’t see Arbroath losing over two legs against any one. 

I've only seen 45 minutes of Arbroath this season but was gobsmacked by how awful they were. Had absolutely no redeeming features from the season before. It's a more level playing field with the fixtures at this level so I don't think the Championship side will have a comfortable time. 

League winner- Dunfermline. This weekend has sealed it.

Play-off- Falkirk- Airdrie -Alloa. Queens have left it a bit too late. Good bet for next season though.

Don't think any of the League 1 teams will beat Arbroath or Hamilton. Falkirk and Airdrie are capable but just too one dimensional. Pars are ahead of both these teams due to having different ways of approaching games.

Relegation - Peterhead. That club needs a total reset. Clyde have enough about them to survive a play-off I think.

Was at the Arbroath game for us this season at it was our easiest win, not the same Dick team that’s been a bane in our sides the previous years, however by all accounts they have improved since then.

Hopefully Arbroath stay up one of my favourite away days and Hamilton only team down, with Peterhead also only going down being replaced by Dumbarton.

Would make for an exciting away day for Falkirk fans next season 4 trips To the shopping centre at New Douglas (possibly 2 more play off and not counting cups!) and what ever Dumbarton will be called to look forward to. (Do hope Falkirk make the playoffs 2023/24)

In reply to a few comments regarding pars attitude when League has bee won. I don't think Mcpake will allow them to drop off. We will want to keep the unbeaten run going and to finish the league campaign with just the one defeat would be a tremendous effort. Especially after last season.  

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

have zero idea why Airdrie are a shoe in on a par with Falkirk (who are 7 points ahead of them) but Alloa are apparently "not" shoe ins despite being 2 points ahead of Airdrie with both having 6 to play

Agree with this, we've just played the bottom three and whilst results have been great we've really struggled at times against the times round about us in the league, I think Falkirk will be second, Dunfermpline top but the other two playoff spots could go to anyone from Airdrie, Alloa, QOTS, Montrose or Edinburgh. Wouldn't like to predict it but I think Alloa will make it and Montose wont leaving one place for the other three. I think the Championship team will win this year with Stirling or Dumbarton beating Clyde, Peterhead going down.

57 minutes ago, Parsman85 said:

In reply to a few comments regarding pars attitude when League has bee won. I don't think Mcpake will allow them to drop off. We will want to keep the unbeaten run going and to finish the league campaign with just the one defeat would be a tremendous effort. Especially after last season.  

Agreed, our mentality won’t shift,  there will be no coasting along from us,  perhaps a very minor relaxation in terms of injury or suspension risk.

For me top 2 has been decided,  I reckon the bottom 2 has been as well but with both being shit Peterhead may just have a chance to play 2 more games before relegation. 

Recon Alloa and airdrie will take the remaining play off spots unless Edinburgh get themselves out of their rut and go back to their early season form.

So basically call the league now😂

Edited by parsforlife