Stadium and pitch investment

If you have a ticket for the South upper in the debentures section you do get posted a physical ticket.

Ive been in that area twice this season for the league cup final and Cyprus games and in both instances people still had issues, nothing to do with screen brightness (a common issue for some) or poor printing as these tickets were printed by the SPFL or SFA.

As the ticket purchaser for my group of SSC members i always print off paper copies of the tickets just in case someones phone fails.

On 09/04/2023 at 14:43, lubo_blaha said:

At the last game, I encountered a group of older guys who all had wee lanyards with plastic envelopes containing their printed tickets. Things must have gone badly wrong in previous games before that had to happen 😅

We got them too. It's for any of the suites and hospitality. Came out in the post a couple of weeks before the game. 

10 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

We got them too. It's for any of the suites and hospitality. Came out in the post a couple of weeks before the game. 

Nah these were general admission tickets which were printed off, definitely a DIY job. I don’t think they would have been in the same pub as us an hour before the game if they had drink available in hospitality!

I'm surprised there haven't been more ticket issues for sold out games given you can sell the same PDF infinite times. We must be an honest lot.

I was in East Stand for Spain game and waltzed in 15 mins before kick off with no queues. The bit of the west stand near the North seems to be particularly bad.

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, PrestersKTID said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65828702

Would be fantastic but the money needed for this design would be nuts.

Spurs stadium cost £850m in 2019... this proposal is 10% larger with more complex stands (2 kops + core of South refashioned) retractable roof and top tier curtain... allow for inflation could be north of £1bn IMO.

On 11/04/2023 at 17:16, invergowrie arab said:

I'm surprised there haven't been more ticket issues for sold out games given you can sell the same PDF infinite times. We must be an honest lot.

I was in East Stand for Spain game and waltzed in 15 mins before kick off with no queues. The bit of the west stand near the North seems to be particularly bad.

Are the bar codes not unique? Would imagine once it's registered it would reject the next time.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Spurs stadium cost £850m in 2019... this proposal is 10% larger with more complex stands (2 kops + core of South refashioned) retractable roof and top tier curtain... allow for inflation could be north of £1bn IMO.

The SNP must have close to that stashed away for the A9 Duelling as apparently it was full funded and they still have 90% to go! 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Are the bar codes not unique? Would imagine once it's registered it would reject the next time.

Yep.

But if I was dishonest I could sell the same ticket on social media a hundred times times. Who gets in and who doesn't wouldn't be my concern 

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Spurs stadium has a retractable pitch, which can't have been cheap.

6 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

It would obviously cost a lot but what's being suggested I can't see why this would even be close to £1bn. It's not going to be internally like Tottenham's stadium, and I don't think they'd do a lot to the south stand other than external alterations.

4 hours ago, Clangers said:

The SNP must have close to that stashed away for the A9 Duelling as apparently it was full funded and they still have 90% to go! 

Could we not hold a national raffle with the motor home and Bute house as top prizes?

9 hours ago, bendan said:

It would obviously cost a lot but what's being suggested I can't see why this would even be close to £1bn. It's not going to be internally like Tottenham's stadium, and I don't think they'd do a lot to the south stand other than external alterations.

Going by those plans the South Stand has been rebuilt, and below street level too, meaning the culvert under the pitch must've been diverted. 

9 hours ago, velo army said:

I thought the North Stand couldn't have an added tier due to the flats behind it?

Yes I think it's at the absolute height limit to allow the houses on Somerville Drive to get enough daylight. 

This plan would need the North Stand moved further from the street or dug into the ground, which as mentioned above brings additional challenges. 

Edited by Lurkst

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Going by those plans the South Stand has been rebuilt, and below street level too, meaning the culvert under the pitch must've been diverted. 

Are you sure it's not the street level that's raised in the plan?

11 hours ago, velo army said:

I thought the North Stand couldn't have an added tier due to the flats behind it?

2 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Yes I think it's at the absolute height limit to allow the houses on Somerville Drive to get enough daylight. 

This plan would need the North Stand moved further from the street or dug into the ground, which as mentioned above brings additional challenges. 

The Old North stand has been demolished and the top 25% of terracing removed since the houses were built surely that can't be right.

18 minutes ago, thisal said:

The Old North stand has been demolished and the top 25% of terracing removed since the houses were built surely that can't be right.

Dunno, I'm guessing building regulations have changed in the intervening years...

1024?resizeSmaller=0

newspic_3050.jpg