Doonhamers vs. Blue Toon

Normally you fear a 'new manager' bounce and all that but given the ridiculous statement from Peterhead's chairman I can't see that being the case. If anything they might go the other way. 

We've done well against Peterhead so far but as two Clyde games have shown, we aren't good enough to just rock up and win. If we don't become complacent here it makes the Alloa game massive. If we fail to win this one it kills off any slim chance we had of the playoffs. 

Same starting 11 for me. I know Murray had a rare morph into a human body last night but you don't change a winning side IMO. Hopefully he can replicate that again when he comes on and give MB a headache for the Alloa game. 

Win to keep it interesting please Queens. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Just need a win to keep the momentum and postivity building. 

Chance to extend current run to 3 wins in a row and 13 pts from last 15 

Chance to "clean sweep" a second team this season after last week vs Edinburgh

Chance to keep the play-off conversation going for another week at least

One game at a time and all that but as said a win here makes the Alloa game huge. Sneak past that one, then we've got a Dunfermline team who likely just clinched the title 3 days earlier.....you never know!

33 minutes ago, DoonhamerDon said:

Just need a win to keep the momentum and postivity building. 

Chance to extend current run to 3 wins in a row and 13 pts from last 15 

Chance to "clean sweep" a second team this season after last week vs Edinburgh

Chance to keep the play-off conversation going for another week at least

One game at a time and all that but as said a win here makes the Alloa game huge. Sneak past that one, then we've got a Dunfermline team who likely just clinched the title 3 days earlier.....you never know!

I'll have some of what you're on Don! 👍

Will travel more in hope than expectation, at least with Ryan & Jordan looking after the team the team looked more interested last week. Had a lot of changes to the side last week with a good few players coming in that had not been getting game time so they tired later on but at least we saw some improvement. Whether its enough for us to take anything from the game remains to  be seen. A wee bit of luck may help

On 25/03/2023 at 19:50, 19QOS19 said:

Same starting 11 for me. I know Murray had a rare morph into a human body last night but you don't change a winning side IMO. Hopefully he can replicate that again when he comes on and give MB a headache for the Alloa game. 

Win to keep it interesting please Queens. 

Correct, we shouldn't change a winning team, but it could be argued that it was the team that  finished last week's game that was "the winning team", not necessarily the one that started the game. I wasn't at Edinburgh last week but by all reports (and what Marvin said) the starting 11 last week were very poor in the 1st half. Think it was only after the changes, including Murray, that we looked dominant. 

47 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Correct, we shouldn't change a winning team, but it could be argued that it was the team that  finished last week's game that was "the winning team", not necessarily the one that started the game. I wasn't at Edinburgh last week but by all reports (and what Marvin said) the starting 11 last week were very poor in the 1st half. Think it was only after the changes, including Murray, that we looked dominant. 

That's fair. But given Murray has been rank rotten in the recent games he's started and put in a MotM performance from the bench at Edinburgh, I know which option I'd be taking with him. 

Cochrane for Wilson wouldn't disappoint as much. I thought Cochrane was harshly dropped tbh but it's a nice headache for MB to have. 

15 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I'll have some of what you're on Don! 👍

I'm genuinely just loving that we are still talking about chances of playoffs at this stage after writing off the season a few months back.

It could stop at any point - as said not winning today would end things - but just enjoying this improved run and seeing where it takes us.

8 minutes ago, DoonhamerDon said:

I'm genuinely just loving that we are still talking about chances of playoffs at this stage after writing off the season a few months back.

It could stop at any point - as said not winning today would end things - but just enjoying this improved run and seeing where it takes us.

^^^ Absolutely this! 👍

Murray did enough to get a start. Hopefully carries on from where he left off rather than revert to type. I know which one I'd be putting money on... 

No Cochrane is the biggest disappointment. 

Screenshot_20230401-140509.png

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

So strange with the new announcer.

Isn't it.

Disnae seem like much of a crowd so far. Not terrible, just a bit sparse. Twenty one Peterhead fans so far. Well done on the long trip south.

The cringey MotD theme can get tae f**k. 

Pretty pish. Peterhead could have nicked one. Hoping for a better display in the second. Much rather go out the playoff race next week than limp out at home. 

Well that was "fun" ... another big Bartley HT pep talk incoming

Good to see Murray's grabbed his chance (start) by the scruff of the ... ankle (mebbe ...) 🫤