P&B motorcycle/ scooter thread

Have a Vespa LXV150 currently in storage in Indonesia, but due to flooding is ruined. Was one of the Vietnam builds and was a great bike but always had a few issues with the engine.

Too expensive to have a bike here just now but will invest in, probably a GTS 300 if/when I head back to Indonesia.

Owned a Kawasaki in The Philippines and maybe not the nicest, but was a decent bike.

Drove a SYM scooter when I lived in Vietnam, it done a job.

Considering the year round weather out this way, driving bikes here is wonderful.

Have driven one of the Indian Royal Enfield in India and it’s okay. 

1769537C-8877-48D8-9449-1158E77F6CC0.jpeg

Edited by Tight minge

Sold the customized Harley Davidson Super Glide back in 2000 due to the soon to be wife being unable to tolerate riding on it…

…effectively in the middle of selling the wife (lawyers ain’t cheap) right now and looking at bikes again…

…we’ll see, but a nice cruiser wouldn’t go amiss.

6 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

I’m a lambretta man looks like it’s a wee blast down the coast of East Lothian here!

3396E1E3-89FA-453E-A08C-C20FDDF682AC.jpeg

What would your opinion be of the new Lambretta? There are a few knocking about here and look okay, but no idea the quality of them.

9 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

What would your opinion be of the new Lambretta? There are a few knocking about here and look okay, but no idea the quality of them.

My obsession is with the original lambretta. When the scamadi first came about they had a Vespa GTS engine in them so should be reliable to an extent. 

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

My obsession is with the original lambretta. When the scamadi first came about they had a Vespa GTS engine in them so should be reliable to an extent. 

I didn’t know that. It’s pretty much impossible to get an old Lambretta out here, but plenty of old Vespas. I hadn’t given Lambrettas a second thought for long enough, but recently a few of the Innocenti Lambrettas started popping up and the G and the V look quite nice. The X looks crap.

There is a clear difference in the quality of the Italian and Vietnamese built Vespas.

Out here is flooded with Japanese bikes which are decent enough machines but ugly as shit.

2 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

I didn’t know that. It’s pretty much impossible to get an old Lambretta out here, but plenty of old Vespas. I hadn’t given Lambrettas a second thought for long enough, but recently a few of the Innocenti Lambrettas started popping up and the G and the V look quite nice. The X looks crap.

There is a clear difference in the quality of the Italian and Vietnamese built Vespas.

Out here is flooded with Japanese bikes which are decent enough machines but ugly as shit.

G&V do you mean GP & TV models? 
wheres “out here”?

4 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Those are not innocenti lambrettas lad. 

That's the sorry state of the Lambretta name, technically they are Innocenti. They are part of the holding company and licenced out the name and of course gain profit from the sales.

The whole thing is a mess, and for some like yourself, who is obsessed with the original, you’ll spit at these (and quite rightly). As I see the design is in Austria and the build is with SYM, so either manufactured in Taiwan or China. They are allegedly looking at some production in Italy, which would be purely to keep this tenious link to the originals.

The licencing of the Lambretta name has been quite the embarrassing story.

8 hours ago, mathematics said:

This thread should be split in two so that motorcyclists don’t read about all these wee tampons you lot call scooters.

In this day & age of  CNC  you’ll find the days of “hairdryers” are over! 

feel free to start the P&B cuntorcycle thread if you must😉

1 hour ago, Gorgie greatness said:

In this day & age of  CNC  you’ll find the days of “hairdryers” are over! 

That video sounds just like a hairdryer! 😂

I would, but with my bike being in storage for three years I’d have the brassest of brass necks.