A View From The Terrace - Episode 15

Back once again to discuss the good and the bad of Scottish Football, A View From The Terrace looks ahead to the upcoming Scotland fixtures while tasting a range of delicacies from the nations our national team will be facing in qualification.

In Part Two of 'Gretna: When We Were Famous' former players discuss the difficulties faced after gaining top flight status, and how the club has been reborn. We also meet former Scotland International Kevin McNaughton to learn about the difficulties he's faced after retirement and his new role with Dundee North End. Our final film pays tribute to St Johnstone's three time cup winner David Wotherspoon and his iconic chop.

The panel also explore what players have been up to on Social Media, and build their ideal Fives team around usual goalkeeper Safe Hands Sked. Closing the show as ever is The Banker, with this week's predictions based on the permutations of Scotland's upcoming fixtures against Cyprus and Spain. 

DSCF3700.jpg

That shirt is tremendous. Like something from a Back to the Future diner. It even upstaged the new Scotland top. 

I’m just catching up now on iplayer ahead of a day of kids then national team football.

The Kevin McNaughton segment was excellent.

A whole lot of revisionism going on with Gretna, with the general sentiment that it only happened because Mileson was ill then passed away. Grady even said he's sure everyone would have gotten their money if Mileson was well enough to remain involved. They couldn't keep it going because Mileson's money was completely gone, not because his health meant he could no longer spend it. They'd have been liquidated the same way even if Mileson was still here today.

I enjoyed that episode, all the segments were interesting (to me) and you can't beat a wee taste challenge. 

Good to see Kevin McNaughton finding some solace from getting into coaching after an awful time for him and his family and friends.

The banker, seemed a bit off, but I probably go through all the equivalent permutations on the run up to a Scotland game. Also, it is a bit of fun and not a tipping service.

The tasting segment was my highlight of the series so far, could not stop laughing at the reactions and the laughs!! Shaughn always gives me the most laughs and never lets me down, bet he is a good laugh on a night out! HULLO!

On 25/03/2023 at 10:17, Dunning1874 said:

The Kevin McNaughton segment was excellent.

A whole lot of revisionism going on with Gretna, with the general sentiment that it only happened because Mileson was ill then passed away. Grady even said he's sure everyone would have gotten their money if Mileson was well enough to remain involved. They couldn't keep it going because Mileson's money was completely gone, not because his health meant he could no longer spend it. They'd have been liquidated the same way even if Mileson was still here today.

I recall reading shortly after his passing that, just before he died his direct debit for his SKY package for something like £60 had bounced.