Euro 2024 - Qualification Thread

jagfox

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

This is so easy for England.  Ukraine look like they have no game plan.  Can see their coach getting his jotters fairly soon.  

I think they have just appointed him. The guy that was in charge of the games vs, Scotland, is now the coach of Armenia. Not that any of that makes someone immune from the sack, just less likely they would be bulleted at this point..

3 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I think they have just appointed him. The guy that was in charge of the games vs, Scotland, is now the coach of Armenia. Not that any of that makes someone immune from the sack, just less likely they would be bulleted at this point..

Fair enough.  Looked fairly aimless stuff to me. 

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Ingerlund appear to be just a breakout Centre Half away from being a Top Class Team who will win tournaments, worrying times.

More concerning still is that they have two perfectly good centre back options but one of them is out of favour after leaving the World Cup early for personal reasons and the other is out of favour for the crime of leaving the premier league to play for AC Milan 

Ronaldo has scored his 348th and 349th International goals*, vs Luxembourg. Lead 4-0.

Norn Iron, have just had an equaliser ruled out, for handball. 

*121st and 122nd, still a pretty phenomenal record.

Edited by jagfox

21 minutes ago, jagfox said:

Viaplay have decent highlights up on their You Tube channel if anyone wants to catch up on any of the games played so far...

Wouldnt mind if I got a decent picture on ViaPlay.  I subscribed for the month and have watched a few matches so far and the poor picture quality is extremely annoying.  I actually watched the second half of the Scotland game on my laptop as a bit clearer than my tv....no idea why that is.

I get a decent picture on BT Sport (although I think it buffers once or twice every game) so unclear why Viaplay is so poor.

12 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Wouldnt mind if I got a decent picture on ViaPlay.  I subscribed for the month and have watched a few matches so far and the poor picture quality is extremely annoying.  I actually watched the second half of the Scotland game on my laptop as a bit clearer than my tv....no idea why that is.

I get a decent picture on BT Sport (although I think it buffers once or twice every game) so unclear why Viaplay is so poor.

It's not great, but it was substantially cheaper than NowTV, and still better than your average dodgy stream, so I'm not going to moan too much.

Edit: the Denmark video above is pretty indicative of the quality. Despite being 1080p, there's a distinct SD feel to the games I've watched so far. I guess they use some pretty aggressive compression.

Edited by BTFD

17 hours ago, jagfox said:

I quite liked him and didn't realise he'd downgraded. His team was well coached in possession to find space and disrupt the opposition's shape.