Ayr v Cove Friday night Shitefest?

Good win tonight- cove look worse than Hamilton IMO but it’s going to be tight at the end of the season down there. I for one am so glad not to be involved in it this year. 

top is going to be close too think Dundee will click up a gear going forward and I honestly think they will win it 

Cove were honking. We were good in spells and if one or two passes had come off or the decision making had been better it would’ve been more. 

Maguire was very pleasing to watch especially when he was doing pirouettes and the Cove player couldn’t get the ball to take a free kick. I think everyone in the ground was expecting him to go for goal for the first goal so to see him pull off a wee reverse pass for O’Connors goal was sublime. It’s that kind of stuff that shows he’s been at a way higher level than this. 

Very easy win. Cove Rangers look certainties to go doon. Think Cove forced one decent save from Albinson and that was their lot.

We played some tidy passing moves at times. Am I right in thinking that was JMLs 1st goal at Somerset?

Cove are down - that's them officially the only team that can't now catch us

Thought we never really got out of 2nd gear, Maguire showed a couple of touches of class for his assists and if his finishing wasn't off would have got a couple of goals himself.  

McAllister was superb for us as I've said on our own thread, the lad seems a born leader.  

Albinson with one massive save when it mattered.. could we have maybe played him in the Falkirk game?  Ach that's me off on a tangent.

Cove were rotten. There's obv something there as they've won at Partick and only narrowly lost at Morton late on recently but that's us 11-0 against them in 2023 so I just don't see it. 

8 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Also suprised nobody has mentioned the ref! Have we had that wee scrote recently? Everything was so theatrical with him, the free kicks, talking to players, even the whistle at ht/ft. 

I thought the ref had a good game got most of the big calls right

6 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I thought the ref had a good game got most of the big calls right

Don’t think there was really anything contentious tbh. The only thing that was 50/50 was when Ashford was played wide and there was a coming together with him and the defender and the ref gave Cove a free kick. Thought at the time it was a clear foul for us but it wasn’t really clear.