Binos -vs- Sons - Episode 7

8 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Good crowd through from Sons. The Facebook group mob bus is never a barometer of our support. Forthbank seems a nice wee ground, albeit it seems to be 75 minutes walk from Stirling.

Definitely much better than expected. Quite vocal too.

Big half coming up.

14 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

It’s been beyond belief.

Stirling looked to get a lift from the goal, we were definitely needing half time. Which is a shame because we looked pretty comfortable until then.

Bampot ref aside we'd both have taken 1-1 at halftime before it started mate, Everything to play for in the second half and as tight as I thought it would be.

Would’ve taken it beforehand, but a little disappointing being in front and losing the same goal twice. I thought Long could’ve possibly come for the second, but he had a great game otherwise. Him, Buchanan and Gray our standouts IMO.

Russell McLean looked pretty useless/disinterested. Also worrying how many knocks we’re picking up.

I think a draw was probably fair, but I didn’t really feel like Stirling caused us many problems, apart from set pieces.

Again have to stress how bad that ref was.

That's frustrating. We were excellent, and you couldn't fault the guys for effort at all, but to lose two goals from corners is extremely irritating. Especially given Stirling didn't really open us up from open play all that often.

Cracking game of football though. Drama, action, dodgy refereeing, great crowd, absolutely breathless. Tense as anything, but exactly what a title battle game should be like.

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

That's frustrating. We were excellent, and you couldn't fault the guys for effort at all, but to lose two goals from corners is extremely irritating. Especially given Stirling didn't really open us up from open play all that often.

Cracking game of football though. Drama, action, dodgy refereeing, great crowd, absolutely breathless. Tense as anything, but exactly what a title battle game should be like.

I never thought your team would be anything else but up for it.

A point isn’t a disaster but I’m definitely not in the “we’ll take it” camp, I feel like we needed all 3 today. It’s hugely disappointing to concede two goals from corners when 3 of our back 4 are big lumps. The squad circumstances make the point seem a bit more palatable but I still think we needed the win.

The injury situation is a huge conern and I think the lack of depth/any options whatsoever on the bench is going to cost us if it continues much longer. 

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

A point isn’t a disaster but I’m definitely not in the “we’ll take it” camp, I feel like we needed all 3 today. It’s hugely disappointing to concede two goals from corners when 3 of our back 4 are big lumps. The squad circumstances make the point seem a bit more palatable but I still think we needed the win.

The injury situation is a huge conern and I think the lack of depth/any options whatsoever on the bench is going to cost us if it continues much longer. 

Yeah, it does feel a bit like 2 points dropped. I think the point suits Stirling more.  I always believed we could win today, but a point not a disaster.

Quite a few looked dead on their feet at the end and doubt we’ll see Orsi back immediately. Really worry about the kind of team we’ll be able to put out for Forfar, which is a must win.

Entertaining game played in the right spirit. A patch work Sons side did well to lead twice, but sloppy to concede more or less the same corner in both halves. Plus marks for Grant, Long, Buchanan, Blair. Russ MacLean isn't showing up to be my favourite player. Ref was picky and inconsistent. Stirling look a well drilled side, but didn't carve us open many times, both their goals coming from corners and both of ours from open play. Point on the road against our nearest rivals for the title with 8 to play isn't bad at all.

While I'd need to see the goals back, I thought Peter Grant was superb in particular. 

The ref and linesmen were beyond a joke really but ultimately I'm glad the game wasn't determined by their decisions. 

Disappointed to have lost a lead twice but glad we took a point from it at least. Also a genuinely good home crowd, looked like it was completely full and I wish Dumbarton could be in a similar boat. 

A draw isn’t the worst result and shifts focus to the Stirling game at the rock being the potential title decider. Can’t help but feel a bit frustrated with the goals conceded but I think I’m just about satisfied with a point.

Staying within 2/3 points of Stirling is going to be a tough ask with the amount of injuries we’re picking up and with the mid-week games approaching. We need to rediscover that early season habit of grinding out ugly wins.

Edited by THE CHOSEN SON

I'm going to break ranks and say the home game against Albion won't be a title decider. Both teams' form has shown that teams all throughout this division will take points from each other. Plenty more peaks and troughs in store.