Binos -vs- Sons - Episode 7

Some Stirling fans seem very riled by us, don’t they. Comments all over our social media posts about how horrible we are.

’Humdrumbarton’ who were ‘expected to walk it this season’ is a belter on our match pics on FB.

Edited by FifeSons

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Some Stirling fans seem very riled by us, don’t they. Comments all over our social media posts about how horrible we are.

’Humdrumbarton’ who were ‘expected to walk it this season’ is a belter on our match pics on FB.

Welcome to my world.

Those two Stirling goals are piss poor from us. Maybe instead of greetin’ about his own fans Farrell should be more concerned about sorting out how we defend set pieces. Why the f**k is our smallest defender marking Stirling’s tallest striker? Especially after what happened for the first goal.

16 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Why the f**k is our smallest defender marking Stirling’s tallest striker? Especially after what happened for the first goal.

That’s exactly what @lionel wicksonsaid to me after the first goal and then we kept doing it! I think they put McNiff on him at one point, but why ever put Lynas on Thommo 🤦‍♂️

17 hours ago, rockson said:

There aren't any  parallels. In 2008-9 we were never top until about three games to go. We were playing catch-up. This season was my first in over 50 years of watching Sons we've been top of the table for so many weeks. I'd wager it won't happen again in my lifetime.

We were top for quite a while in 91/92. Iirc, we were 5 points clear (2 pts for a win) when Huntly knocked us out the cup on the last Saturday in January. We had a poor February and March where we only won 10 pts from 10 games before putting in a good return and returning to the summit and staying there.

Eta, I've no idea how old you are, so you might not have been around to witness us being top of the league for a prolonged period.

Edited by microdave

That is some incredibly dramatic intro music on those Stirling highlights.

Edited to add: fair play to the guy who edits the highlights not including a single incident of all that diving, time wasting and cheating we were doing. At least he had the decency to include the 1st Stirling goal that came from a corner which was quite clearly a Sons goal kick.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

46 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Edited to add: fair play to the guy who edits the highlights not including a single incident of all that diving, time wasting and cheating we were doing. At least he had the decency to include the 1st Stirling goal that came from a corner which was quite clearly a Sons goal kick.

Yes, I mentioned this on Saturday night and not one Bino commented.  Funny that.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I do see the last Dumbarton man stick a foot out towards it, but I don't see him actually touch it and I looked 4 times.

I don't intend criticism of the editing, because I can understand why they didn't want a highlights package of 70% bookings and 30% play leading to goals or efforts on goal.  No high foot incident to comment on. In fact no bookings at all. I only saw one foul in there which I presume resulted in one of our bookings.  It's completely sanitised.  

All I can say about it, is that it's not often you see 4 goals and every one is a header.

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I must have missed wee Fin attaching his heid to his right boot at half-time 😄😄😄

I meant it's not shown on the footage. I'm not denying that it happened.  That would be his second wild crazy lunge in 2 games and he needs to get a grip.

1 minute ago, WC Boggs said:

I meant it's not shown on the footage. I'm not denying that it happened.  That would be his second wild crazy lunge in 2 games and he needs to get a grip.

I think he means that Gray's goal was with his foot, not his head! (not all 4 goals being headers, as you mentioned).

Edited by FifeSons

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Big, old nasty Humdrumbarton with their diving and time wasting 😭

They must have been watching the telly too much 

Doesn't tend to happen too often and doesn't have much effect on the refs

Thought also was very strange at time why they were time wasting against a side were clearly no worse than and had equal chance of winning the game 

Strange stuff 

6 hours ago, microdave said:

We were top for quite a while in 91/92. Iirc, we were 5 points clear (2 pts for a win) when Huntly knocked us out the cup on the last Saturday in January. 

Not for as long as this season though.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I think it was given as a corner because officials thought the ball skimmed off the head of the Dumbarton player who was challenging for the ball. But I’m not really arsed about debating marginal decisions. It was just a corner after all, not a penalty.

7 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

I think it was given as a corner because officials thought the ball skimmed off the head of the Dumbarton player who was challenging for the ball. But I’m not really arsed about debating marginal decisions. It was just a corner after all, not a penalty.

Against us, a corner essentially is a penalty for Stirling.