Binos -vs- Sons - Episode 7

2 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

Carswell, McKee, Wallace and Wilson all out. Thank f**k Buchanan is back at least. 

Is it cash or card at Stirling btw? 

Edited by Dumb yatt
Away fans housed in East stand. Cash yes not sure about card.

23 minutes ago, Gnash said:

Do we know if the club will be on hand to open the terracing if needed?  There's a decent chance the West stand will completely fill up.

I'm sure I read somewhere that a section of away stand is on standby to be opened for home fans if needed as opposed to the terracing?

If there was 800 or so on Tuesday night vs Forfar, I would expect at least 1200 home fans tomorrow plus whatever the Sons bring?

Dumbarton fans- how many supporters do you think will make the trip?

Hard to judge how many will be lost to the Scotland game, whether that's fans attending or casuals watching on TV. I suspect a few hundred

4 minutes ago, DavidMcG said:

If there was 800 or so on Tuesday night vs Forfar, I would expect at least 1200 home fans tomorrow plus whatever the Sons bring?

Dumbarton fans- how many supporters do you think will make the trip?

Hard to judge how many will be lost to the Scotland game, whether that's fans attending or casuals watching on TV. I suspect a few hundred

I don't think we've managed to fill a bus yet, and there are quite a few Sons fans who are fairly loyal Scotland fans. Between that and last week's pumping unfortunately I can't see us taking a big number. Which is a shame, because I really hoped this game would have a big cup tie sort of buzz to it.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I don't think we've managed to fill a bus yet, and there are quite a few Sons fans who are fairly loyal Scotland fans. Between that and last week's pumping unfortunately I can't see us taking a big number. Which is a shame, because I really hoped this game would have a big cup tie sort of buzz to it.

It will be the hardcore only.  I stay in the town and it is buzzing with indifference.  Folk are worried about the club. 

1 hour ago, Gnash said:

Do we know if the club will be on hand to open the terracing if needed?  There's a decent chance the West stand will completely fill up.

The last I knew the terracing turn styles were jammed through lack of Active Stirling maintenance. That and no water for the toilets.  Trying to get them to do something about it was like trying to get Netanyahu to declare a we love Palestinians day.   It seems the club would also find it easier to arrange a meeting with Lord Lucan than with them.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I can’t fathom supporting Scotland over Sons.

All you need is Sons.

I’m currently stuck on a plane that can’t take off because the fuelling truck has broken down under the wing and can’t move. To top it off, Aberdeen airport may close before we can arrive, so my attendance tomorrow is looking in some doubt.

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

The last I knew the terracing turn styles were jammed through lack of Active Stirling maintenance. That and no water for the toilets.  Trying to get them to do something about it was like trying to get Netanyahu to declare a we love Palestinians day.   It seems the club would also find it easier to arrange a meeting with Lord Lucan than with them.

Are we speaking to the right people within Active…. Speaking to cleaner in Peak earlier in the week. She could tell me how many were in hospitality tomorrow. 

30 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Does anyone know what is up with Wallace? He just seems to have disappeared without any mention of when he’s likely to return/what the issue is.

I'm sure an East Fife fan will be along shortly to tell us

Home 800, away 300. Stirling is definitely buzz in’. The looms in Yorkshire must be working o/t with the number of new hats and scarfs I’ve seen.

Like Dumbarton, Forthbank has been designed with crowds of 1K -2K in mind. With our opposing stands. It heightens the atmosphere.

36 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Does anyone know what is up with Wallace? He just seems to have disappeared without any mention of when he’s likely to return/what the issue is.

He went down with what looked like an ankle issue near to the end of the Elgin game.  I think Faz said at last week's MTM that he'd been set to return but then had a reaction at training.