Binos -vs- Sons - Episode 7

If anybody does decide to hoof it from the town. Use the bridge to the right of the station to get across the railway, on past the Vue cinema and straight up the road past the delightful odour of the sewage works.  Should take around 20 minutes tops.

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

If anybody does decide to hoof it from the town. Use the bridge to the right of the station to get across the railway, on past the Vue cinema and straight up the road past the delightful odour of the sewage works.  Should take around 20 minutes tops.

20mins. Are you taking the piss?

Fancy going to this one (glutton for punishment) and maybe taking a couple of my mates from work along.

I think we need to see the manager make some changes. We can't go into the game on Saturday with Wylde at left back. I also wouldn't necessarily go with Carswell in defence or McKee in midfield. I'd possibly like to see us with Blair and Carswell doing more grafting in the middle of the park and the trio of McLean, Gray and Orsi encouraged to be more aggressive. We lost the midfield in the Albion Rovers game. It was over at half time because we lost every 50/50 and were 2nd to every loose ball. Our distribution was terrible and whilst Rovers were playing quick balls forward into dangerous spaces, we were largely clueless any time we did have the ball.

Need a bit reaction on Saturday.

Still on a drinking theme. At Springkerse  View mention football and you will receive 10% of food/drink.  There is also the Cricket club which is possibly the nearest watering hole to Forthbank.  A modern clubhouse. I visited a few seasons ago and they had a private function on. So it kind of put me off. Call them first if your thinking of visiting.

I contacted CC.

bar will be open for you from, 1230pm till kick off

Edited by Dumb yatt

Hoping Young learns something from the second half of Tuesday's game. Team had got a bit stodgy between Stranraer/Forfar. Dunsmore made a big difference. So did having the pace of Cooper to run in behind (something we have lacked since Kai left). I like Denholm, but he doesn't offer enough. He can't start on Saturday. I'd start Dunsmore, shift Moore to the left and use Cooper off the bench in the second half. Would also bring Clark back in at LB - was Young road-testing this by bringing him for the last 10 mins on Tuesday?

Missing a load of key players. Playing away against the in-form table toppers. And coming off the back of an absolute humping at home.

Cards really feel stacked against the Sons at the moment. I'll be deeply impressed if the lads can take anything here.

5 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Any idea what the head to head record is? I’m guessing Dumbarton probably edge it. 

30 wins for Sons and 43 for you lot. Hours of fun for you here going through old teamsheets and the like. @microdave does an incredible job with the Sons Archive.

https://sonsarchive.co.uk/headtohead.php?id=100