The race for top 6 St Mirren v Livi 01/04/2023

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Just out of interest, and in a ‘haven’t you got better things to do poz’ way… I always say ‘Livvy’. Should it be ‘Livi’? Is this an issue? Does anyone really care? Like Greenock Morton FC - does it really matter? 

At least it isn’t the ‘jobbie v jobby’ debate… cue Drooper. 😀

Can remember Livvy being used way back in the 90's, but from memory that was the rugby team's spelling of it, and i've always gone for Livi, which is what is used nowadays by everyone (except the odd opposition fan).

Basically it comes across as ignorant as folk spelling Livingston with an e on the end, or as a deliberate attempt at a wind up. Either way we've been called worse, as your next post demonstrates.🖖

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can remember Livvy being used way back in the 90's, but from memory that was the rugby team's spelling of it, and i've always gone for Livi, which is what is used nowadays by everyone (except the odd opposition fan).

Basically it comes across as ignorant as folk spelling Livingston with an e on the end, or as a deliberate attempt at a wind up. Either way we've been called worse, as your next post demonstrates.🖖

That’s me put straight. Only thing for it is for me to stop using Livvy. Will change to Livvie. Much better. 😀

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Just out of interest, and in a ‘haven’t you got better things to do poz’ way… I always say ‘Livvy’. Should it be ‘Livi’? Is this an issue? Does anyone really care? Like Greenock Morton FC - does it really matter? 

At least it isn’t the ‘jobbie v jobby’ debate… cue Drooper. 😀

I've always just took the normal one to be Livi, as it's just a shortened version of the name. In the same way I always took Livvy as folk trying to piss off Livi fans, thought it was a deliberate thing :D 

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I've always just took the normal one to be Livi, as it's just a shortened version of the name. In the same way I always took Livvy as folk trying to piss off Livi fans, thought it was a deliberate thing :D 

Genuinely, I never used ‘Livvy’ as a deliberate wind-up. I just always used that spelling. Anyway, no matter. You say Livi, and I say Livvy. Livi, Livvy, Livi, Livvy, let’s call the whole thing off. 😃

Remaining games;

Saints

Livingston (H)
Hearts (A)
Rangers (A)
Killie (H)

Think the best we can hope for really is the 6pts from those two home games giving us a total of 44.

Livingston

St.Mirren (A)
Motherwell (A)
St.Johnstone (H)
Dundee Utd (A)

Obviously three away games isn't ideal for Livi, but all four games against sides currently in the bottom six is certainly a lot easier than our run in.

Assuming the scenario above where Saints win the two home games and taking into account the goal difference which is heavily in Saints favour, Livi would need to take 6 points from the three games against Motherwell, St.Johnstone and Utd to beat our points tally.

Far from an impossible scenario but it's still a very difficult one.

No guarantees we will beat Killie either of course, we've not managed that in two previous attempts so far this season.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I think we may have started the match thread a week too early, you find yourself discussing some weird shit during an international break. 

Anyone got a selfie of Samuel L Jackson since he's been hanging about Livi?

They're apparently doing location scouting at bars/pubs in Livi for a strip club scene :D £70-£120 for extras in the scene as well.

Edited by ATLIS

1 hour ago, Div said:

Remaining games;

Saints

Livingston (H)
Hearts (A)
Rangers (A)
Killie (H)

Think the best we can hope for really is the 6pts from those two home games giving us a total of 44.

Livingston

St.Mirren (A)
Motherwell (A)
St.Johnstone (H)
Dundee Utd (A)

Obviously three away games isn't ideal for Livi, but all four games against sides currently in the bottom six is certainly a lot easier than our run in.

Assuming the scenario above where Saints win the two home games and taking into account the goal difference which is heavily in Saints favour, Livi would need to take 6 points from the three games against Motherwell, St.Johnstone and Utd to beat our points tally.

Far from an impossible scenario but it's still a very difficult one.

No guarantees we will beat Killie either of course, we've not managed that in two previous attempts so far this season.

Yeah that's why a draw would be a good enough result for us, would fancy us taking something in the St Johnstone and Utd games, but we usually struggle against Motherwell, so if we lose this game i think we're probably fecked for a top 6.

Got the fear for this one. Coming back from the break to a must-win game feels... I wanna say 'unfair'... but that's not what I mean.

Obviously Strain and Baccus have done a lot of travelling without playing a huge number of minutes, so hopefully that balances out. Gogic was also away but is made of stern stuff so should be fine. If anything, it's the guys who've not been playing that concern me. While it's the same for Livi, I really feel that we have the capacity to get off to a very slow start.

1-1. Livi take the lead in the first 10 minutes and hold till half time. We score on 58 minutes, O'Hara penalty, but can't break them down. 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Got the fear for this one. Coming back from the break to a must-win game feels... I wanna say 'unfair'... but that's not what I mean.

Obviously Strain and Baccus have done a lot of travelling without playing a huge number of minutes, so hopefully that balances out. Gogic was also away but is made of stern stuff so should be fine. If anything, it's the guys who've not been playing that concern me. While it's the same for Livi, I really feel that we have the capacity to get off to a very slow start.

1-1. Livi take the lead in the first 10 minutes and hold till half time. We score on 58 minutes, O'Hara penalty, but can't break them down. 

Sounds very plausible, we've started games well and scored early goals, then faded 2nd half.  Nouble would be a good bet for our goal, 

You have to applaud Livi. Constantly punching above their weight and attracting players capable of getting top 6. Both our teams have had a decent season and whoever makes top 6 has graffted well to be there. Our away form has been the reason why we are not comfortably top 4 never mind top 6.

8 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, not got a good feeling for this one at all. If Livi score first we are probably fucked. 

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

This won't be for the faint hearted.

The 3 likely scores are 1-0 0-1 and 1-1.

We also have the Beaton wild card to throw in which could f'ck over either team.

You also need to consider in the Dougie Ross factor, where he penalises the most working class team, which, given the game is being played in Feegie, will probably be us. Hopefully VAR will curb his excesses.*

* Please don't tell me its Willie Collum on VAR.

4 hours ago, GAD said:

Yeah, not got a good feeling for this one at all. If Livi score first we are probably fucked. 

Us scoring first hasn't necessarily boded well of late; we go to sleep and sit back in the second half.

Even more though; I'm worried by this being labeled a must not lose game for us We don't do well playing cagey for a draw; I'd far rather we came out and went for the win. We may still lose but it wouldn't be to an 87th minute mistake.

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

Us scoring first hasn't necessarily boded well of late; we go to sleep and sit back in the second half.

Even more though; I'm worried by this being labeled a must not lose game for us We don't do well playing cagey for a draw; I'd far rather we came out and went for the win. We may still lose but it wouldn't be to an 87th minute mistake.

I dare say we'll be playing for the win, but if we do go a goal up, it's as sure as it always rains in Paisley when we play there, Martindale will bring on a 3rd CB and take off Bruce Anderson with 30 mins to go, to try and hold out for a 1-0 win. In fact he'll prob do that even if it's 1-1.

On 23/03/2023 at 13:13, pozbaird said:

That’s me put straight. Only thing for it is for me to stop using Livvy. Will change to Livvie. Much better. 😀

You're  such a Luvvie - mwah, mwah!

Kisses GIF by Paul McCartney