The race for top 6 St Mirren v Livi 01/04/2023

They are the turd that won’t flush and by that I don’t mean relegated ( that was Hamilton) I wish they’d be rubbish and give the buddies a spot at the top table. 
I hope the break gives a few of our injured guys a chance at playing and pray our internationals return in one piece. 

We've been here twice before with head to heads against Aberdeen & Hibs, playing teams we'd gain an advantage over in the top 6 race if we'd won, esp Aberdeen, both times we lost, so here's hoping it's 3rd time lucky.

Still not playing great, but at least we're scoring goals now and look decent in spells, and we've got a draw and a win under our belts after a 4 games run of defeats. I'd take a draw tbh, and try to get pts in our next 2 games when St Mirren have Hearts and Sevco away, really can't afford to lose to them though.

Think given the fixtures we have to come that we really need to win this to have a chance.

A Livingston victory and it's curtains, a draw and it's still a very big ask.

Dec, Dunne and Watt will all be back though, and we are at home, so no reason why we can't win it and put ourselves two points clear.

Yeah if we don't win here we will need to win at Tynecastle or Ibrox, and as anyone who has seen us play away from home this season will know, that ain't happening.

It's win or our season is effectively over. The game's against Livingston are never classics and this won't be either, but I think we'll sneak it 1-0 to take the race for the top six to the last day. 

Massive game for us, a win here puts us in the driving seat for the run in. Always like an away day at St Mirren and the fans are always lovely before and after as well. Since the Championship we've both been in and around each other, so this just continues that trend. 

Feel like Nouble will be massive in this game, could be a a proper test for De Lucas as well but he's done well in his two starts.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Massive game for us, a win here puts us in the driving seat for the run in. Always like an away day at St Mirren and the fans are always lovely before and after as well. Since the Championship we've both been in and around each other, so this just continues that trend. 

Feel like Nouble will be massive in this game, could be a a proper test for De Lucas as well but he's done well in his two starts.

It would be good if Nouble scores an early goal again, he's def got better in front of goals. De Lucas gives us a physical presence at our set pieces too, which we didn't really have this season.

Yeah as angry as the St Mirren fans are during a game (you get some absolute raging ones giving everyone and anyone both barrels), there is never any bother at games and it's a decent away game to go to.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

40 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

De Lucas gives us a physical presence at our set pieces too, which we didn't really have this season.

He's had two home matches against the 12th and 10th placed teams where both weren't attacking much. Now its the team in 7th (who've spent much of the season placed higher) in an away match. St Mirren have a high intensity playing style and a bustling strikeforce. So its a very different proposition for him and he'll be pressured much more. We'll see how he holds up. 

12 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

He's had two home matches against the 12th and 10th placed teams where both weren't attacking much. Now its the team in 7th (who've spent much of the season placed higher) in an away match. St Mirren have a high intensity playing style and a bustling strikeforce. So its a very different proposition for him and he'll be pressured much more. We'll see how he holds up. 

He's still been up against big physical players and held his own against them though,  Fletcher for Utd and White for County. From what i've seen he's been good at getting his head onto high balls, and looks aggressive going for them, which we haven't had in set pieces since Guthrie left us. 

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He's still been up against big physical players and held his own against them though,  Fletcher for Utd and White for County. From what i've seen he's been good at getting his head onto high balls, and looks aggressive going for them, which we haven't had in set pieces since Guthrie left us. 

That's my point, that he coped fine with target men in those two matches but St Mirren don't use a target man. Their strikers are all about running. Constant off the ball movement. Main in particular is excellent at getting onto through passes. It'll be a different test for De Lucas.

5 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

That's my point, that he coped fine with target men in those two matches but St Mirren don't use a target man. Their strikers are all about running. Constant off the ball movement. Main in particular is excellent at getting onto through passes. It'll be a different test for De Lucas.

Yeah defensively, but my original point was his physical presence in set pieces, we used to be really good defending and attacking them, but have been woeful at anything put into the opposition box from a corner this season, de Lucas got onto a few heading it back across goal, which is good to see.

1-1 draw. Certainty. Probably achieved by us going 1-0 up, comfortable enough, then just as we think… bang. 1-1. Late on. Livvy players run to the small band of travelling fans who are going do-lally, while we, as one, say ‘ach fcuk’.

Bookmark this. All of it. 😝

47 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

1-1 draw. Certainty. Probably achieved by us going 1-0 up, comfortable enough, then just as we think… bang. 1-1. Late on. Livvy players run to the small band of travelling fans who are going do-lally, while we, as one, say ‘ach fcuk’.

Bookmark this. All of it. 😝

That sounds like us, scoring an early goal and looking like we're strolling it in the first half, after the HT horlicks our players come out 2nd half looking like they've just woken up from a wee nap and concede a goal, then hang on for dear life for the draw.

11 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That sounds like us, scoring an early goal and looking like we're strolling it in the first half, after the HT horlicks our players come out 2nd half looking like they've just woken up from a wee nap and concede a goal, then hang on for dear life for the draw.

Just out of interest, and in a ‘haven’t you got better things to do poz’ way… I always say ‘Livvy’. Should it be ‘Livi’? Is this an issue? Does anyone really care? Like Greenock Morton FC - does it really matter? 

At least it isn’t the ‘jobbie v jobby’ debate… cue Drooper. 😀

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'd always have gone Livi, I reckon.

To be fair, I usually go ‘Ferrantibank multi-administration rent-dodging League Cup and 3rd spot bought on the never-never plastic pitch no fans get to fcuk just like Hamilton Accies shite’…. but ‘Livvy’ is easier to type. 😎

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Just out of interest, and in a ‘haven’t you got better things to do poz’ way… I always say ‘Livvy’. Should it be ‘Livi’? Is this an issue? Does anyone really care? Like Greenock Morton FC - does it really matter? 

At least it isn’t the ‘jobbie v jobby’ debate… cue Drooper. 😀

I was told off for starting a game topic as Livy because there is no Y in Livingston so respected their wishes, fussy Livy fuckers😄