Tonight's scores

1 hour ago, SaturdaySammy said:

Lost their last 2, sitting 3rd (albeit played more games than others).  What makes you think its a complete disaster? 

They were terrible against us (as were KRR under Maxi vs us) and we were on a poor run at the time and managerless. The game changed on the red card and the final score flattered Pollok. Speaking to Pollok fans around us they were not impressed by Maxi and although willing to give them time they were concerned by the performances. 

He did well with limited resources at KRR but at Pollok a lot more is expected and with far greater resources (with respect to KRR) and he should be given time to build his own squad at Newlandsfield but results and performances will need to improve. 

5 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

When was the last time Pollok won the league?

Last time they won the super premier division was 2007/2008 and they've won that league 4 times all in but have never since 2007/2008.

For such a big club with a big following they've pretty much had a terrible period of success major wise well over the last decade or so . 

and yet we still turn out in large numbers home and away

proves the point we are not glory hunters unlike some clubs

every home club treasurer is glad to play us

don't think i'll need a clicker against darvel tomorrow night

i will use one hand to count their true fans

16 games under Maxwell. 8 wins, a draw and 7 defeats. The 7 include Ayr United and narrow away defeats to Auchinleck and Champions elect Beith. Had a few poor performances like Hurlford at home but then beat them 4-0 away. 

Early days in his Pollok career. But when he’s had Gow fit he’s only lost twice. Not having dumb and dumber (Rumsby and Brownlie) at centre back really helps.  

6 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Last time they won the super premier division was 2007/2008 and they've won that league 4 times all in but have never since 2007/2008.

For such a big club with a big following they've pretty much had a terrible period of success major wise well over the last decade or so . 

In fairness that goes for most clubs in the top league at the moment.  Talbot have hoovered up the majority of leagues and cups.  Looking at the strength of the league and the teams who populate it, there aren't many who could say they have had great success.  Perhaps Beith or Glenafton would be the closest courtesy of their one league and one junior cup each over the last decade.  Everyone else has probably underachieved.

14 hours ago, PollokGang said:

16 games under Maxwell. 8 wins, a draw and 7 defeats. The 7 include Ayr United and narrow away defeats to Auchinleck and Champions elect Beith. Had a few poor performances like Hurlford at home but then beat them 4-0 away. 

Early days in his Pollok career. But when he’s had Gow fit he’s only lost twice. Not having dumb and dumber (Rumsby and Brownlie) at centre back really helps.  

Menzies looks a far better option at the back than Brownlie. Everytime I've seen the latter play he's been poor/bang average at best. Can't say I've seen enough of Rumsby. The lad Greenwood at Cambuslang for example would do a better job for a fraction of the wages I'd imagine.

17 hours ago, PollokGang said:

If you`re hanging your hat on Gow being fit, you`re gonna have problems... watch how he runs, that foot will never be right after his accident and he`ll miss more games than he plays. Medda were right to cash in on him.

Don`t get me wrong, he`s a cracking lad and would header a medicine ball, a proper defender but his body won`t let him play a full season - which is a pity as when fit he`s a first name on the team sheet.

at ht on Tues Pollok looked like a team that were playing out the season - although they were denied what like a stone waller to me at nil nil t the time ( I think ). 2nd half they had much more purpose about them and came right back into it - although the red card threw them right back. Overall we were deserving winners but its a worry that we've been 3 up 2 games in a row and have been pegged back to 3-2 with the opposition then having a man sent off ... spooky. 

Pollok brought a right good crowd over - same as we do over there. Crowd was 650 or so on a bloody rotten night. 

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

at ht on Tues Pollok looked like a team that were playing out the season - although they were denied what like a stone waller to me at nil nil t the time ( I think ). 2nd half they had much more purpose about them and came right back into it - although the red card threw them right back. Overall we were deserving winners but its a worry that we've been 3 up 2 games in a row and have been pegged back to 3-2 with the opposition then having a man sent off ... spooky. 

Pollok brought a right good crowd over - same as we do over there. Crowd was 650 or so on a bloody rotten night. 

Just think of the crowds if you two won things now and again.

On 24/03/2023 at 12:37, PossilYM said:

Just think of the crowds if you two won things now and again.

We had not far off 1000 last night at Newlandsfield and are lucky to have such a great support for a team who have won almost nothing in the last decade!

As a comparison Darvel had 15-20 fans there if lucky