Scotland v Spain 28/03/2023

Donathan

45 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Late to the posting party, but I was there in heart and soul at 01;45 ko. on holiday with my sisters for the first time in 4 years.

I headed to the room early at 22;00 to get some sleep before the game. My son was also with me. we brought the laptop with us just to get the dodgy stream.

What a night, what a feeling...

I never do this but here goes

Gunn - not to much to do but what he did he did good 

Hickey - showed maturity of a McGrain type performance, not much came from their left side because of him

Porteous - Thought he had the game of his life.

Hanley - never missed a header or takle all night

Tierney - got caught out a few times, but made up for with that run.

Robertson - Shat myself with that silly involvement he got himself into, but had a stella performance.

McGregor - the silence but destructive player, every team wants.  Not your 70's hardman midfielder, but the guy nobody got past, still thing he is running, great engine.

McTominey - playing in his best position now, box to box

Christie - runs his heart out with style

McGinn - kept hold of the ball when needed, used his arse  all over the pitch.

Dykes - Those Spaniards, never liked 1 minute of him during the game, were run ragged at time with his movement.

Subs - Cooper, finished the job. McLean, solid and stopped their right winger being as dangeruous.    

I think you should do more in-depth analysis, can’t really disagree with anything you’ve said, but you missed out the bit where every Scotsman would let Mcsauce shag their wife! 

4 hours ago, Elgin Macca said:

I'll just be repeating whats been said but just want to join in this tremendous chat!

What a team of rides this is! To a man absolutely faultless. Although i predicted the line up i thought SJM and christie would end up a lot deeper but fair play to Clarke. right up against them!

The bit that summed it up for me was the ball dropping to Mcgergor in his own half near the end. How many times over the years would we be leading  a big game and that ball just getting booted to f**k? instead he takes it in then skins a Spain player, bursts forward and lays it into Shanklands path. Suuuuperb!

It was a brilliant run !

2 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

I think you should do more in-depth analysis, can’t really disagree with anything you’ve said, but you missed out the bit where every Scotsman would let Mcsauce shag their wife! 

Easy now,  she would need  to fight me off him, he;s a big handsome guynot her style.:whistle

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

A tweet from 2016 is doing the rounds from some guy moaning about about McGinn and Tierney being selected of Jason Holt and Lee Wallace, and that we all treat you (you know who you are) with derision when you ask for randos at your club to be called up. 

See also: the much more recent Lee Ashcroft > Ryan Porteous shout.

"McGinn just runs about kicking people" was a favourite of jambos and Aberdonians a few years ago. 

Harry Cochrane (who?) and Graham Shinnie were far superior players according to them. 

31 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

"McGinn just runs about kicking people" was a favourite of jambos and Aberdonians a few years ago. 

Harry Cochrane (who?) and Graham Shinnie were far superior players according to them. 

Strachan got plenty of flak for his leanings toward the English leagues, but he was pretty good at separating the good from the shite up here. 

I distinctly remember the last time we were in the same group, hearing a story about how the Spanish king wasn’t even told about Scotland. “Czech Republic and a bunch of small teams” he was told. I remember Stuart and Tam discussing whether the anecdote was fair.

This time around, Rodri is an expert on our ‘style of play’, their media is obsessed with our ‘boos from the stands’ and their new centre back has even spent a few days thinking about the length of grass at hampden. 

Fernando Llorente scored the winner the last time Spain came to hampden for the 3-2. He celebrated by pretending to wipe sweat from his forehead, insinuating Spain had escaped the embarrassment of failing to beat such diddies.

Llorente was on post-match coverage for Spanish tv for this game, and I’ll say this, the smug p***k was sweating for real this time.

They certainly know who we are now!

7 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Been hoping for a tifo video on Steve Clarke's tactics for a while now and it doesn't disappoint.

Good video from 4-4-2 with a decent breakdown as well:

https://youtu.be/ImUK7B0nGnY

The only other Tifo video about Scotland that I can remember was their Euro 2020 tactical preview. It's pretty disappointing that there isn't a wee bit more on the national team - even on the podcasts - given one of their main analysts is Scottish, but I suppose that's not really their market. 

On 29/03/2023 at 14:50, KnightswoodBear said:

And as if by magic, it's just arrived.  

As with the other tops I've had, it appears genuine, most likely a "second" that's failed quality control somewhere.  

IMG20230329144713.jpg

IMG20230329144717.jpg

Got a link to the particular seller 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wow. No other word needed.

Wife- are you still watching that stuff

Me- It’s only just out I haven’t seen it before 

Wife- maybe not that one but it’s all you have done for two days 

I then had to admit yeah she is probably right but luckily I am off work tomorrow so can watch it all again 

52 minutes ago, Clangers said:

Wife- are you still watching that stuff

Me- It’s only just out I haven’t seen it before 

Wife- maybe not that one but it’s all you have done for two days 

I then had to admit yeah she is probably right but luckily I am off work tomorrow so can watch it all again 

I haven't let that stop me yet.