Scotland v Spain 28/03/2023

Donathan

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

To be fair, there were one or two folk on here who mentioned it during the Cyprus game.   But even still, the excuses are rolling out. 

31 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Like, was the grass genuinely long? It looks fairly normal from what I can see.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the grass was left a bit longer than normal. When you know a team is coming to Hampden that loves to keep the ball on the deck and make lots of short quick passes it makes complete sense to set up the pitch in a way that will disrupt that.

If they can’t adapt to it then that’s all on them.

Edited by PB1994

38 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

To be fair, there were one or two folk on here who mentioned it during the Cyprus game.   But even still, the excuses are rolling out. 

I thought the pitch looked better last night than it did against Cyprus tbh

1 hour ago, Virtual Insanity said:

I know he's the p***k du jour, but Man City paid £63m for Rodri 2 years ago and he's unquestionably one of the best in the world in that position and a bit younger than Robertson, I think he'd probably make it into any midfield in world football at the moment.

Yeah even last night he was incredible. Incredibly strong, lovely technically and so clever with his decisions and positioning. If every player last night were put up for sale today, he and Gavi would command the highest fees. 

I think the Scottish record will probably be broken this summer, though, with Newcastle potentially buying McTominay and/or Tierney. 

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

And as if by magic, it's just arrived.  

As with the other tops I've had, it appears genuine, most likely a "second" that's failed quality control somewhere.  

IMG20230329144713.jpg

IMG20230329144717.jpg

Thanks for putting this up. I just ordered one so to see that yours at least looks ok, is quite reassuring.

7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Yeah even last night he was incredible. Incredibly strong, lovely technically and so clever with his decisions and positioning. If every player last night were put up for sale today, he and Gavi would command the highest fees. 

I think the Scottish record will probably be broken this summer, though, with Newcastle potentially buying McTominay and/or Tierney. 

I'd pay a fair whack for a wee bottle of Rodri's tears. 

I read the Spanish had about twice as many lumps into the box as us. They did try the possession game, but that is pointless if the passing is slow and you have Ceballos trying to do everyone's job for them.

Luis de la Fuente, basically the Spanish Scot Gemmell 😂

I know a few folk on here have already praised him but it really must be said that Callum McGregor is an exceptional player to have at the base of your midfield. His game-management and ball retention ability is wonderful to watch. With his run right at the end i’d normally be screaming for a player to just hoof it out the park but you just trust him to make the right decision.

Quite surprised that nobody has made a serious move for him as he’d improve the midfield at the vast majority of clubs down south.

3 minutes ago, ArabGaz said:

I know a few folk on here have already praised him but it really must be said that Callum McGregor is an exceptional player to have at the base of your midfield. His game-management and ball retention ability is wonderful to watch. With his run right at the end i’d normally be screaming for a player to just hoof it out the park but you just trust him to make the right decision.

Quite surprised that nobody has made a serious move for him as he’d improve the midfield at the vast majority of clubs down south.

Love McGregor, just sits in there, quietly doing everything right, doesn't give the ball away and was still running around at 90 minutes like it had just kicked off. 

6 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Good to know that even if Haaland puts 5 past us we're still in a good position.

A wee point in Oslo and take care of Georgia at home would be ideal though

How good is the Norway team aside from Haaland? 

As far as I can tell, Haaland doesn't get many goals from his own individual brilliance (a la MBappe, Messi, Ronaldo, Bale), he is an incredible finisher in the box. With de Bruyne popping balls into the box I'd probably get one or two. 

11 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Haaland only has 21 goals from 23 Norway caps which is shite compared to his Man City record... 

Exactly.

I'm talking shite lads. Will take a 5-0 defeat right now, haud oot yer hand!

Get my previous comment riddied rotten

Edited by Stoo61

31 minutes ago, jagfox said:

I read the Spanish had about twice as many lumps into the box as us. They did try the possession game, but that is pointless if the passing is slow and you have Ceballos trying to do everyone's job for them.

Luis de la Fuente, basically the Spanish Scot Gemmell 😂

tbf at least De la Fuente won games at Lower Age levels, Scot Gemmill is stealing a wage

We gave Spain absolutely nothing through the middle all night and practically reduced them to David Moyes' Man United team. By the time of the Christie chance I was confident we would score at least 2 or 3, even if they did manage to shan one of their 2000 punts into our box into the net.

Would I say that it's time for us to start taking qualification for granted and that we have outgrown all European competition, with it being high time that we broke away from UEFA to start our own galactico tournament?

hot-women-in-your-area-looking-for-love-singles-in-your-area-amanda23-24-3-miles-away-jane-69-28-1-m-y-its-time-for-everjone-to-gethorny-yes-i-would-kent-U0Sax2.jpg.86e0ec900c1d10042f066bd5ed3e1f98.jpg