Scotland v Spain 28/03/2023

Donathan

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I reckon there's a large element of trolling. Everyone at the stadium could see it wasn't a red, the assistant was yards away, the ref had a good view, it was never going to be a red card.

Maybe but posters on here, Richard Gordon, James McFadden on the radio last night all feeling like he almost got away with it. 

I think that’s the influence of VAR that people are even thinking about it today. 

44 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

if it had happened against either of the ugly sisters sure as shit the big fat Greek Aussie and Ian Beale would be greeting about it after the game.

So unless it was given by our shitebag officials bending over to the bigot twins it would never be a red.

First chance to get on here after last night. What a night, first class. It could be the best Hampden night I've had....IF we end up qualifying. Otherwise it is in that category of the France and Netherlands wins. 

I was, however, not in the camp that we were overly likely to get beaten. I had confidence that if our big players showed up we could and would get something. It wasn't a smash and grab either, we had a game plan, won the battles, created chances, took chances and left everything on the park. The better team won. 

The way Spain spat the dummy, Rodri's comments and Perro being hooked at half time was all delicious stuff. Loved the needle and loved how we wound them up but didn't get dragged into the nonsense. It all added to a special night. 

I adore this team. 

Edited by Stoo61

1 hour ago, Jives Miguel said:

Hickey is nailed on to go to Man City imo. He's the exact profile of full-back Pep loves. Willing to bet he moves there in summer 2024.

That'll be quite the summer for oor Aaron. Winning the Euros and moving to Man City.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Take the Rodri comments as a compliment, tbh. One of the best CMs on the planet absolutely fucking rattled. If hes like Guardiola that means when he calms down he knows he'll respects what you done to him, its when the patronising "a really good team who play well" comes out you take offence.

The Norway result in Georgia, and our win over the top seeds, kind of feels like the reverse of what usually happens to us. So nice to be on this side of the coin. Tough games to come but win our remaining home games now + Cyprus again and would be hard for Georgia or Norway to overcome that tally.

Felt the same to be honest. In the heat of the moment, Rodri was just raging that we fucking bodied them right out of that game in every way imaginable. And that is an indication that we're actually a good team that not many will enjoy playing against. He'd have been giving it the whole "good team, some great players" pish after the Norway game no doubt so that tells you what you need to know.

Having said that, it's more fun to call him a bitter wee fanny and laugh at him.

Outstanding performance all round, but they're going to have to throw a game soon. The young team who started going to Scotland games a few years back don't understand the apprehension, fear and self-loathing that over-shadows a lifetime of being a Scottish fan, and as such, are likely to grow up to be optimistic, well-adjusted and normal members of society. It's just not on - a self-inflicted defeat away to Cyprus is the only way we can save the new generation of Scotland fans...

OK. Back to the highlights...

15 minutes ago, Iminavest said:

Highlight for me last night was Hickey getting skelped in the pus then glancing to camera as he rolled back onto the pitch. Magnificent to see his education in Italy paying off!

4th largest cheer of the night for me that one. He's come a long way since missing the decisive penalty in a League Cup game at Bayview.

13 minutes ago, AuldReekie said:

The young team who started going to Scotland games a few years back don't understand the apprehension, fear and self-loathing that over-shadows a lifetime of being a Scottish fan, and as such, are likely to grow up to be optimistic, well-adjusted and normal members of society.

Indeed. My wee boy is W6 D1 L1 following Scotland. Unheard of!

56 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Not a fan of this genre but it's not the worst. Also appears to include an impromptu appearance from Simon Murray.

Not a fan either, but watching it for the in-stadium footage. At one point he says he thinks some of the Spain players might be worth more than our entire squad, which isn't even close to being true. I would reckon Andy Robertson was the most valuable player on that park last night, and probably the combined value of our squad would be easily £150m+ in today's market when you think of Robertson, Hickey, McTominay, Tierney and McGinn as our top level players, even before you get into the likes of Adams, McGregor, Patterson etc.