Scotland v Spain 28/03/2023

Donathan

30 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

What a night. Was absolutely shitting it until about the last minute of injury of time. 

Every player was absolutely outstanding. 

What a fucking player we have on our hands with Aaron Hickey. Boy is 20 years old and puts in performances like that. The potential that young laddie has is limitless. He really could go to the very very top. 

Oh and Rodri get it right fucking up you, you greeting faced p***k. 

Hickey is nailed on to go to Man City imo. He's the exact profile of full-back Pep loves. Willing to bet he moves there in summer 2024.

18 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Flipside is that the pressure is really on Norway to win vs us in June, if we can win over there then they're almost of that point of needing favours.

If we win in Norway then we can afford to lose to Georgia, and Norway would still need to beat Spain and us at Hampden

Searching Skottland on twitter and clicking translate on Norwegian tweets about us has been fairly entertaining. Like P&B after a couple of games of the last qualifying campaign with a mixture of them being absolutely fucked now or beating us home and away no bother.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

9 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Searching Skottland on twitter and clicking translate on Norwegian tweets about us has been fairly entertaining. Like P&B after a couple of games of the last qualifying campaign with a mixture of them being absolutely fucked now or beating us home and away no bother.

I’m doing the same but on Spanish facebook.  The manager is getting pelters.  

Agree that Robertson wasn't due a red card but to suggest it would never be given is a bit naive. In the context of the Scottish game if it had happened against either of the ugly sisters sure as shit the big fat Greek Aussie and Ian Beale would be greeting about it after the game.

4 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Hickey is nailed on to go to Man City imo. He's the exact profile of full-back Pep loves. Willing to bet he moves there in summer 2024.

I've been hoping to see him as an inverted full-back for a while. I'm not sure he'll be able to do it for an elite side, but hopefully his second season in England sees him break through like his second in Italy.

I’ve been in work all morning and I’ve got very little done, partly due to reading this thread and partly due to being unable to concentrate on work due to being on top of the world from that result.

Everyone has done it to death but you could go through the whole team and praise everyone individually, going to single out Christie, Dykes & Cooper from the bench because they’ve not been mentioned as much.

Christie was so clever in his use of the ball, he has a tendency to waste at times but not at all last night, Dykes was playing himself a lot of the time but made it so difficult for Spain with his defensive work, made it impossible for them to play through us and force them wide, obviously something Clarke told him to do but he executed it perfectly.

And I know he only played 10 mins or so but Liam Cooper came off the bench and just started fucking bodying everyone, that’s why you have a settled squad and don’t pick up you’re favourite guy from the English Championship or wherever.

Listening to Clarke’s interviews is just music to my ears, the guy is an absolute genius, he’s taken what he did at Killie and completely replicated it as Scotland, we’re greater than the sum of our parts but our parts and half bad either.

He’s clearly done a lot of research on Spain, at the World Cup we saw them struggle to break down teams, especially in that Morocco game, I know the personnel was a bit different but the game plan wasn’t, Clarke knew it and played them like a fiddle.

Nothing will ever top Hibs winning the Scottish Cup, but in terms of games I was at that was up there in the top 5 that I’ve ever been to, can’t wipe the smile off my face this morning.

3 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Is this the same Ryan Porteous that Stevie May ripped the piss out of last season? 

Stepping into the Championship down south has really brought him on.

Tbh he helped us win at Easter road this season as well. If in doubt put it on Porteous' head and you'll do alright.

Long may he play like he has for Scotland though.

16 hours ago, HibsFan said:

It's a little bit scary how well we've played in these first ten minutes. This isn't just a hit and hope.

Looking back on last night, outwith a ten-minute period towards the end of the first half where they hit the bar and were right on top of the game, the most satisfying thing about last night was how in control Scotland were, and indeed we made the Spanish lose their fucking heads in the process. A total role reversal of what I’m used to watching when Scotland play the top seed in international qualifying.