Scotland v Spain 28/03/2023

Donathan

20 minutes ago, throbber said:

I was fairly comfortable watching it second half. This isn’t the Spain of 2010 and it’s not Scotland under Craig Levein here. Think Spain were pretty poor and got almost no lucky breaks whatsoever, they would play some good passes and then misplace a pass off the pitch or straight to a Scotland defender, it would have been a very frustrating night for them and that’s largely down to Scotland being so well set up. 

Scotland had the better chances, apart from Spain hitting the bar which the keeper had covered anyway the Christie chance was pretty wasteful, dykes should have shot earlier and Mcgregor had an easier pass on for Mctominay in the 95 th minute to make the score line reflect just how good a win it was.

At the risk of being carried away off the back of one god result I think Scotland are now the third best team in Europe behind France/England and slightly ahead of Portugal. 

Guy who acknowledged risk of getting carried away on the back of one good result instantly gets carried away on the back of one good result... 😁

Watched the highlights again this morning (early rise successfully negotiated and task completed) and can still scarcely believe how well the midfield and defence played.

The troubling thing for me is that I'm not sure even a performance as good as last night's will be enough for us to take points off Norway and Spain away. It will be very worrying if to qualify we have to beat Norway at Hampden in the last game in the group in November. 

8 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Guy who acknowledged risk of getting carried away on the back of one good result instantly gets carried away on the back of one good result... 😁

I was hoping nobody would have picked up on that.

1 minute ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The troubling thing for me is that I'm not sure even a performance as good as last night's will be enough for us to take points off Norway and Spain away. It will be very worrying if to qualify we have to beat Norway at Hampden in the last game in the group in November. 

Seriously got the fear about the last double header, Georgia away and Norway at home. 

What a night at Hampden that was.  Everyone around me was just buzzing before the game, was like we all felt it.  

Spain are minging gobshites.  All the play acting and dirty fouls of a Dick Campbell team.  Totally rattled. 

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It shows how little people trust VAR that folk are jittery to the point they feel Robertson was lucky. 

There is literally nothing to suggest it’s a red other than Porro’s theatrics. 

I reckon there's a large element of trolling. Everyone at the stadium could see it wasn't a red, the assistant was yards away, the ref had a good view, it was never going to be a red card.

What a night. Was absolutely shitting it until about the last minute of injury of time. 

Every player was absolutely outstanding. 

What a fucking player we have on our hands with Aaron Hickey. Boy is 20 years old and puts in performances like that. The potential that young laddie has is limitless. He really could go to the very very top. 

Oh and Rodri get it right fucking up you, you greeting faced p***k. 

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I reckon there's a large element of trolling. Everyone at the stadium could see it wasn't a red, the assistant was yards away, the ref had a good view, it was never going to be a red card.

I don't think it was a red, but it looks to me like Robertson raises his shoulder into the contact and catches Porro on the chin. No excuse for the way he goes down and as I say not a red but it didn't feel outwith the realms of possibility that one would be given. 

25 minutes ago, TeeMan said:

Seriously got the fear about the last double header, Georgia away and Norway at home. 

Flipside is that the pressure is really on Norway to win vs us in June, if we can win over there then they're almost of that point of needing favours.

30 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I was in the stadium, almost right in line with it, albeit in the South Stand pretty far away from it. I thought at the time he threw an arm at Porro and was going off. I've now seen the replay and completely agree it's never a red but at the time I thought he'd got away with one.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I was in the stadium, almost right in line with it, albeit in the South Stand pretty far away from it. I thought at the time he threw an arm at Porro and was going off. I've now seen the replay and completely agree it's never a red but at the time I thought he'd got away with one.

We're biased. By doing what he did he gave the ref an option to send him off. We'd have raged about it but we'd have been down to 10 men. 

It wasn't required and just a silly thing to do. 

He's forgiven though. 😁