Scotland v Spain 28/03/2023

Donathan

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Has there ever been two finer human specimens pull on a Scotland strip than big Porto and McTominay? Looks like Steve Clarke has drafted in a couple of lads from West Germany’s 1990 World Cup winning side. 

Porteous positioning in defence was Jurgen kohler esq 

In right place time and again 

Absolutely superb from everyone tonight.

It’s funny because I was fairly optimistic of a result tonight. We always create chances and we’re now taking them. Christie and dykes could’ve both scored and Mcginn unlucky with his free kick.

Was a bit worried about 25 mins in when Spain kind of battered us for a bit and Robertsons yellow couldve been red with a different ref.

but second half we bullied Spain at times, fantastic run from tierney to set up the second goal then we saw Spain passing the ball out of play multiple times. They ran out of ideas.

props to porteous btw, only played a couple games at this level and he was excellent. 
loved the shithousery from the team at times, hickey rolling back onto the pitch in particular.

Best thing of the night though was watching highlights back and seeing Rodri’s tears, 😂 absolutely rattled.

Just wow, that was so good. 

Spain have always been at the diving but I've never seen them so sloppy or dirty.  We totally rattled them.  

They obviously neither prepared for nor expected us to play as we did.  

Thought Porteous was great again - 0 goals conceded in his 3 caps.  

15 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

It's a national holiday. Naeb'dy telt ye?  🥳

Just driven home 20 minutes ago, no chance I am up in 6hrs, opening a drink and going to watch the highlights, I am going to use this quote as my excuse ! 

The thing I didn't get with the Robertson yellow card was that the ref waited for Porro to get up before he showed Andy the yellow card, which took about five minutes. 

VAR isn't allowed to suggest yellow cards, only red, so why wasn't Robertson booked straight away if that's what the ref thought it was, and then it's a check to see if it should be a red instead? 

I suppose there is the very outside chance of Robertson having talked himself into a card but that seems very much to me like VAR has made a decision it's not supposed to. 

14 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

The thing I didn't get with the Robertson yellow card was that the ref waited for Porro to get up before he showed Andy the yellow card, which took about five minutes.

I could be entirely wrong but I think they can recommend a yellow if they are checking for a red and deem it not a sending off?

16 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

VAR isn't allowed to suggest yellow cards, only red, so why wasn't Robertson booked straight away if that's what the ref thought it was, and then it's a check to see if it should be a red instead? 

I suppose there is the very outside chance of Robertson having talked himself into a card but that seems very much to me like VAR has made a decision it's not supposed to. 

As the only person on this forum who listened to the radio, let me clear this up.

Robbo's yellow wasn't for any altercation with the player, but was for dissent. he said something to the ref in the aftermath and got booked for it.

Credit to Liam McLeod for that one.