Scotland v Spain 28/03/2023

Donathan

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Phenomenal performance, obviously biased but again McGregor was outstanding and the run by Tierney for the 2nd was like the Tierney i remember. 

That wee drop shoulder utterly fudded Carvajal who thought he was going shoulder to shoulder for inside pass. Delightful 👌

Just incredible, I didn't see that result coming at all. Great performance and Roddri's petted lip bollocks is just another achievement as well.

As a natural pessimist I'm tempted to fear the Norway games and Georgia away parricularly after such a great result but this team seems to have a togetherness and a spine about them that that may not be necessary.

Just now, KirkieRR said:

There's a case for it, but France (h&a) 2006-7? France again 1989?

I'll give you France 89 as we qualified

But we didn't qualify from 06/07 campaign and was at both games, great nights but didn't get there

On the train home after a couple of beers in the City Centre and a haggis supper. A statement win for SSC against a team that tried to dominate possession but simply couldn't. We are a Group A Nations league team and tonight showed that. You know Spain were beat from about 78m when they started spraying the ball out the park on either side. Fans if non OF teams will know the feeling, there comes a point in the few times you beat the arse cheeks that you know they ain't scoring. For me in the West Stand tonight that was about 78m in. We totally controlled the game from there to 96m. A magnificent performance with Porteous absolutely outstanding and I say that in spite of slagging him previously on here. He was outstanding as was Mctominay. Anyway nearly in Ayrshire again so logging off for a well earned rest. Sleep well Scotland fans, we all deserve nights like this. 

A special performance from a special group. Genuinely no point singling anyone out as absolutely everyone was quality.

It was really similar to the Denmark game in that the first was a bit more expansive, especially at the start, and we broke really well with great use of the ball, but the second was all about shape and defending your box which they did an incredible job of. We got through the wobble when it looked like Spain were really turning it on, and Tierney's determination and McTominay's quality completely killed it. 

We can sometimes moan about Clarke's squads being dull and safe, but nights like tonight show the benefit of that. Composure, togetherness and an understanding of their tasks, but still leaving room for guys like Porteous and Hickey to slot in. In the past, we've said that players, partnerships etc. are the blueprint for years to come and it inevitably turns to shit immediately, but nowadays those blueprints are only being ripped up because some other c**t comes along and plays incredibly. 

It was also class seeing a wee boy loving every moment in front of me. I was probably around his age when I first started going and hopefully nights like tonight are to him what France in 2006 was like for me. 

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:

A special performance from a special group. Genuinely no point singling anyone out as absolutely everyone was quality.

It was really similar to the Denmark game in that the first was a bit more expansive, especially at the start, and we broke really well with great use of the ball, but the second was all about shape and defending your box which they did an incredible job of. We got through the wobble when it looked like Spain were really turning it on, and Tierney's determination and McTominay's quality completely killed it. 

We can sometimes moan about Clarke's squads being dull and safe, but nights like tonight show the benefit of that. Composure, togetherness and an understanding of their tasks, but still leaving room for guys like Porteous and Hickey to slot in. In the past, we've said that players, partnerships etc. are the blueprint for years to come and it inevitably turns to shit immediately, but nowadays those blueprints are only being ripped up because some other c**t comes along and plays incredibly. 

It was also class seeing a wee boy loving every moment in front of me. I was probably around his age when I first started going and hopefully nights like tonight are to him what France in 2006 was like for me. 

I'll single someone out

John McGinn 

Looks like a £50m player when he puts our shirt on

29 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Not been on the thread until now, but thanks Scotland - that was a great result and a very fine "in yer face" performance. A three can evening tonight!

I'd have added a wee (or not so wee) malt as well but I have an early rise tomorrow. 

It's a national holiday. Naeb'dy telt ye?  🥳