Scotland v Spain 28/03/2023

Donathan

Absolutely magnificent performance. Not a single weakness in any Scottish player on the pitch tonight. My personal highlight was Tierney's run to set up the second goal. I could watch the moment that he slowed down and then accelerated past the Spaniard on a loop all night.

11 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I didn’t start to feel relaxed tonight until it was almost physically impossible for Spain to score two goals in the time that was left.

I was the same. I had a horrible feeling we were going to get sucker punched or shafted somehow until the final minute of injury time.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I was the same. I had a horrible feeling we were going to get sucker punched or shafted somehow until the final minute of injury time.

I was certainly very anxious when Aaron had to go off ( I hope he is o.k. )  but saw his replacement was Nathan.

No problem

35 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Ahh .  .  . the spirit of 78. I got caught up in it too. Took many years to recover. Getting caught up in it again though. 

Beautiful keep the dream alive,this is what the national teams all about instant legends or yesterdays heroes

Pull on that jersey at any level at any sport then ive got respect for you especially in the shitter teams

I think it’s also worth noting how much Robertson stepped up for these games. He’s not always been a favourite in the support for not consistently playing at level he does for liverpool but he was magnificent over the two games offensively and defensively 

Edited by qpfc

12 minutes ago, GroundskeeperWillie said:

Even when it was going into stoppage time the nerves were still there for me, just because having watched Scotland all these years you come to expect something to happen where we snatch a defeat, or draw, from the jaws of victory.  Not tonight though.

That was a Steve Clarke tactical masterclass, fully justified bringing in McTominay and Christie after the Saturday game.  The whole team rewarded him though.  One of the best nights watching Scotland in a long, long time, may even just about eclipse that night in Paris.

I said it at half time and will repeat, Porteous was outstanding, his composure levels were incredible, he didn't get involved, too much, in any of the silly stuff and him, Hanley and Tierney felt like the defensive line-up we've needed.

Seriously ?

No McKenna , Hendry , Souttar ?

1 minute ago, qpfc said:

I think it’s also worth noting how much Robertson stepped up for these games. He’s not always been a favourite in the support for not consistently playing at level he does for liverpool but he was magnificent over the two games offensively and defensively 

Could easily have got a red