Scotland v Spain 28/03/2023

Donathan

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Well if you don't learn your lesson you deserve the second yellow... It's reckless ("when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned") - if you jump higher than another player with your arm out then obviously you're likely to catch your opponent above the shoulder.

Aye it’s a yellow all day long. Might not be intentional but he’s elbowed the boy in the pus.

Cannot believe that Joselu is up top for Spain. Did he not stink the place out at Newcastle a few years back ? 

Theatrics are embarrassing from Spain but I’ve been impressed with the ref. Only thing I’ve disagreed with was the Dykes booking 

Edited by qpfc

3 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Dykes has to just prod that under the keeper. 

What a first half though. Scotland excellent, Spain raging.

I'll take responsibility...I was screaming for him to lift it like he did for Livi against Celtic. 

Was anticipating a backs to the wall showing, possibly 1-0 down at half-time, never expected this.  They've had chances but we've never been fully under the cosh per se.  Plus we've had chances other than the goal, so a lot to be really happy with.

No failures so far, think Dykes' touch let him down there for the chance at the end, put himself under pressure.  Defence been good so far, Porteous really good and composed again (and given the feistiness of the match so far, really reassuring to see he's not the one doing stupid stuff).

Ref dreadful so far, how the hell has Joselu escaped a caution.  The temper tantrum moment deserved one, he could arguably had one for diving and he's generally been a complete nyaff.  Porro too should have seen yellow for the disgusting antics in trying to get a fellow pro sent off.

Hoping for the best second half, expect it will be tough, but if we can nick another goal that would be splendid!

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The defender has done well there tbf. The little nudge on Dykes made all the difference.

Fancy that to come back to bite us all the same.

Aye but it's a great opportunity for Dykes to come in for some abuse so the usual suspects will lap it up 😏

1 minute ago, qpfc said:

Cannot believe that Joselu is up top for Spain. Did he not stink the place out at Newcastle a few years back ? 

Theatrics are embarrassing from Spain but I’ve been impressed with the ref. Only thing I’ve disagreed with was the Dykes booking 

I don't follow... I'd be impressed with the ref if he booked the diver.