Scotland v Spain 28/03/2023

Donathan

Just now, DrewDon said:

Trying to be as objective as possible, I think the referee has actually done a very decent job so far. 

Yeah, think the ref has been excellent. Not buying the Spanish antics and not clamping down massively on ours.

Just now, SweeperDee said:

I mean it probably IS a yellow going with todays rules and how they are enforced, it’s just pure shite.

I know he was going for the ball but when you make such a clean connection with someone’s head I don’t think you can complain too much.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Is it just me on here who didn’t have a massive issue with Dykes getting a yellow for elbowing the defender in the face?

If that's a yellow we're in bother. Free kick, fair enough, but Dykes had eyes on the ball. There's every chance he'll unintentionally catch a defender again. Laughable if he's sent off for that. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

If that's a yellow we're in bother. Free kick, fair enough, but Dykes had eyes on the ball. There's every chance he'll unintentionally catch a defender again. Laughable if he's sent off for that. 

He led his jump with his arms and it wasn't a standing jump, he moved a considerable distance across the pitch with his elbow outstretched. Accidental but a yellow for me.

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Trying to be as objective as possible, I think the referee has actually done a very decent job so far. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, think the ref has been excellent. Not buying the Spanish antics and not clamping down massively on ours.

Me three. He’s been fine.

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It says a lot about how we've responded to the pressure of that middle period that Spain have turned into horrible, cheating b*****ds in response. 

We really could do with getting to HT. Let them self combust in the changing room

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

It wasn’t just the standard stray arm in the face though. It was a full whack with his elbow to the side of the face. Some might have let it go with a foul but I don’t think it’s ridiculous to call it a yellow.