Scotland v Spain 28/03/2023

Donathan

9 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It’s rare that a team goes through a qualifying campaign with a clean sweep. Out of ~10 or so groups in a campaign you’ll see it once, maybe twice at a push. Sometimes it doesn’t happen at all.

We need to get out the mindset of assuming that our top seed will take maximum points.

Totally agree.

We assumed Germany would do that when we had them as well as Poland and Ireland in our Euro 2016 group.  Defeats by the odd goal in each gme against them were seen as not bad results as we assumed they would probably batter the others. 

But despite taking 4 points off Ireland and matching draws with Poland we blew it by dropping points elsewhere while both Poland and Ireland took points off the Germans.  Maybe with a bit more self-belief from the outset we might have got better results againt them.

We need to have the mindset that every game is winnable and take that as our starting point.  The Danes were looking for the clean sweep when they turned up and it was possibly our best game of the campaign.

Very good result for us in Georgia. I didn’t want a Georgian winner as I see them as an outside contender for 2nd place and beating Norway would catapult them right into contention, but Norway failing to take care of business against a lower seed is great news.

12 points against Cyprus and Georgia, 2/3 points against Norway, and match Norway’s results against Spain. Do all that and we’re on the plane. 

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

This could be a great thread. Your all-time baldie 11.

Yordan Letchkov and Attilio Lombardo to feature heavily

When PES was great you played a preseason friendly against a team of famous bald players called Gli Pelati, which loosely translates as the peeled tomatoes.

12 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

If anyone knows of any streaming sites then please do not pm them to me as I will be spending my hard earned cash on a Viaplay Sports subscription. 

Thank you in advance 

Do PM them to me. I hate paying for stuff.