Scotland v Spain 28/03/2023

Donathan

Gunn

Porteous - Hanley - Tierney

Hickey - McTominay - McGregor - Robertson 

McGinn - Adams - Christie

Low block, park the bus, hope to scrape a 0-0. I’d take a narrow defeat to keep the GD hit down.

2-0 Spain. 

I’m going to this. East Stand with my 9 year old. I’m hoping for more than watching us park the bus and lose 2-0. I suppose that’s hope over experience.

I’ll be interested to see who is playing both for us and Spain.

Spain’s last two results were defeats to Japan and Morocco at the World Cup. Hopefully that run continues.

There's definitely potential to get something from Spain - a well-organised side can frustrate them, and they don't seem to have many plans or ambition beyond "pass it about and wait for the opposition to make a mistake at the back".

Unfortunately, we were good for a mistake or two at the back even with Craig Gordon in goal, so this is perhaps not the best of times to have a new keeper establishing an understanding with his defence  :shutup

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Think we will get something here. Wasn’t really impressed with Spain at the World Cup. 

Definitely the worst side I've seen win 7-0 in Qatar on a Wednesday!

What a mental group that was, BTW. Twenty minutes away from Costa Rica getting through after receiving one of the tournament's all-time biggest hidings.

50 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I will be in Irvine on Tuesday if there are any Spaniards who want a paper plate full of squirty cream splatted on their face before the game.

bill-hader-scared-and-horny.gif

17 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Random question, but does anyone know a decent bar in Rekjavik where they'll likely show this game?

Also, anyone know where I can sell a kidney to afford a pint whilst in there watching it? 😄

Ill text my uncle who lives there mate and let you know what he says😉

33 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Ill text my uncle who lives there mate and let you know what he says😉

If you could ask him to get me in a six pack of Tennents, a bag of cheesy Doritos and a poke of minstrel's that'd be rinky dinky doo.

37 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

He says, and i quote verbatim

"Reykjavik sports bar, Hverfisgata. Ölver 4.5km outside of downtown. The English pub Austurvöllur - they would show it if there aren't any other good games on"

And then mysteriously and unhelpfully adds on a second text

"There are others"

😄 I'm hoping that because it's Spain it'll have a higher chance of being on in pubs 

P.S. tell your uncle I'm not angry with him, just disappointed.

Just now, Gordopolis said:

😄 I'm hoping that because it's Spain it'll have a higher chance of being on in pubs 

P.S. tell your uncle I'm not angry with him, just disappointed.

He will let you eat fermented herring off his nether regions to make it up to you.

Washed down by smoked whale testicle beer, which is actually a real thing.

https://www.visir.is/g/2015150109150/icelandic-seasonal-beer-from-whales'-testicles

11 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

He says, and i quote verbatim

"Reykjavik sports bar, Hverfisgata. Ölver 4.5km outside of downtown. The English pub Austurvöllur - they would show it if there aren't any other good games on"

And then mysteriously and unhelpfully adds on a second text

"There are others"

at first the second message seems superfluous information but a) the statement gives the suggestion that the sender is well aware of the pub football scene but does not require him to go into any further detail and b) if the first two proposed options don't work out and Gordopolis stumbles on another bar showing it, this merely confirms the sender's assertion. 

Win-win. 

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

at first the second message seems superfluous information but a) the statement gives the suggestion that the sender is well aware of the pub football scene but does not require him to go into any further detail and b) if the first two proposed options don't work out and Gordopolis stumbles on another bar showing it, this merely confirms the sender's assertion. 

Win-win. 

0-3 Spain 😕

Edited by Gordopolis