Scotland v Cyprus 25/03/23

TheScarf

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Angus Gunn starting cracks me up. Gordon is out so the obvious choice would be your 2nd or 3rd choice keeper from recent squads. Instead a squad debutant gets the nod.

Unless the thinking is to make sure he's committed to Scotland it's either a massive kick in the teeth to the keepers on the bench or an indication that we have absolutely no depth.

Gunn has always been better than Clark and Kelly. Only reason he hasn't been in the squad before is because he hadn't made himself available for Scotland.

42 minutes ago, troopio said:

Awful line up. McTominay dropped and Ryan Jack starting? Dont get me started on the fat carthorse Hanley....1 Striker in a home game v Cypru as well? Talk about Negative

It's 2023. I thought by now folk would realise that one striker doesn't necessarily mean a negative formation/approach. Also we've seen that Dykes and Adams together isn't really effective.

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Angus Gunn starting cracks me up. Gordon is out so the obvious choice would be your 2nd or 3rd choice keeper from recent squads. Instead a squad debutant gets the nod.

Unless the thinking is to make sure he's committed to Scotland it's either a massive kick in the teeth to the keepers on the bench or an indication that we have absolutely no depth.

It's probably a bit of both.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

It's 2023. I thought by now folk would realise that one striker doesn't necessarily mean a negative formation/approach. Also we've seen that Dykes and Adams together isn't really effective.

It's probably a bit of both.

It's been effective in some cases and not in others.

I think today would be a good opportunity to play them together and I do think we'll see them both on the pitch together if we need to chase a goal in the second half.

Angus Gunn in goals FFS.

Clarke likes trolling us. These fairweather butterflies like Gunn and Jason Cummings should be left to rot in whatever footballing backwater they find themselves in.

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It was obvious when neither of them got any playing time in the last round of friendlies that Clarke didn't rate either of them. Now he's talked a guy that had previously confirmed his Englishnish rather than play for Scotland to become a turn coat rather than play them. With Clarke's contract extension the only way Kelly or Clark are going to get a game is through an injury to Gunn, most likely during a match. Mind you, he'd probably rather put Porteous in goal instead if that happened. The two of them are now the very definition of making up the numbers. 

6 minutes ago, nessies long lost ghost said:

Very strange that Ryan Jack has got the nod

I think he is a decent player but we should have more of an attacking line up against Cyprus at home

I would have started Gilmour

I agree to an extent, but I'm hoping the thinking is that Jack will sit in and keep it organised and structured as everyone else bombs forward

3 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Angus Gunn in goals FFS.

Clarke likes trolling us. These fairweather butterflies like Gunn and Jason Cummings should be left to rot in whatever footballing backwater they find themselves in.

So you didn’t celebrate James Morrison’s goal against England then?  Shall we not count any Che Adams goals today?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Cannot be understated just how beautiful that Scotland strip is tbh.

If they sorted the ringers on the arms then it'd be passable.

Other than that, it's a poundland Dundee top.