TheScarf

Assuming no one else drops out...

Certain to start:

Hickey, Robertson, McGregor, McGinn, Adams

Highly likely:

Gunn, McTominay

More likely than not:

Hanley, Christie

Ferguson, Porteous, Tierney and Armstrong are the others who are in with a shout imo. Maybe Jack too. 

This is a really difficult starting XI to predict as we don't know if it'll be a back four or five which throws a few things up in the air, plus Clarke is always capable of chucking in a curveball. 

17 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Certain to start:

Highly likely:

Gunn, McTominay

More likely than not:

Hanley, Christie

Ferguson, Porteous, Tierney and Armstrong are the others who are in with a shout imo. Maybe Jack too. 

This is a really difficult starting XI to predict as we don't know if it'll be a back four or five which throws a few things up in the air, plus Clarke is always capable of chucking in a curveball. 

I’m 60-40 towards it being a back five, but either way I think Tierney needs to play 90 minutes. He will be absolutely crucial against Spain (where a back five is almost certain) and needs the minutes for sharpness before then.

So with that in mind, the three options are:

- Tierney LCB and Robertson LWB in a five 

- Tierney LB in a four with Robertson playing on the wing (like the Turkey game 2nd half)

- Tierney LB in a four with Robertson rested for the Spain game (not a bad option, we can surely beat Cyprus with KT in there and Robertson needs a rest)

Cyprus are going to park the bus so I think we need have width options and probably play Dykes and Adams together up front. I appreciate that hasn’t worked in the past but I don’t think Cyprus have the ability to overrun us in midfield like stronger teams have at Hampden so I think it’s a Dykes and Adams match. I’d also play McTominay at RCB and give him a licence to push forward for an extra man in midfield. No point leaving three at the back to just mark one man.

Gunn

McTominay - Hanley - Tierney

Hickey - Ferguson - McGregor - Robertson

McGinn

Dykes-Adams

14 hours ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Taking my nephew to his first scotland game on Saturday. Will there be plenty of stalls selling merch around the ground?

Has has been said, plenty of unofficial flag, hat and scarf sellers around the ground, and you'll find the official JD portacabins at each end of the ground. Hope your nephew enjoys his first Scotland experience.  

13 hours ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Has it not been shown Adams and Dykes do not work together ?!

Where are people getting this nonsense from??

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Has has been said, plenty of unofficial flag, hat and scarf sellers around the ground, and you'll find the official JD portacabins at each end of the ground. Hope your nephew enjoys his first Scotland experience.  

Where are people getting this nonsense from??

The respective 3-1 defeats to Croatia and Ukraine at Hampden, as if either of those games have anything to do with a fixture against a minnow.

Dykes and Adams has been shown not to work against relatively evenly matched teams that are strong in midfield. Tomorrow we need to be getting crosses into the box so I’d like to see them both start (and if it’s just one, I’d be tempted to go for Dykes) 

I’d go with back fours in both these games.  Tierney at left back in the first, and Robertson in the second.   I’d also think Adams will start against Spain, and Dykes against Cyprus.  Or perhaps the other way round.  Or, indeed both of them against Cyprus.  Very little of that will happen, though.  

Oh, and breaking news, Steve Clarke has signed a contract extension.

11 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Certain to start:

Highly likely:

Gunn, McTominay

More likely than not:

Hanley, Christie

Hanley, Tierney & McTominay are certain to start.

Wouldn’t say that Christie is more likely than not, he’s not been getting a regular game with Bournemouth. Armstrong, Ferguson and Dykes are all possibilities ahead of him 

On 23/03/2023 at 11:46, M0rtonfc said:

Gunn

Hyam-Hanley-Tierney

Hickey                            Robertson

McGregor-McTommy

McGinn

Dykes-Adams 

3 at the back at home to Cyprus but have Tierney bombing forward and more or less have Hickey & Robertson high up, one of the CM's can drop back, if it's not that above I can't see past Clarke going with a 4231 with Armstrong-McGinn-Christie & dropping one of Hyam/Hanley n having Adams up top, quite like the thought of Hickey & Robertson bombing forward tho against this shite. I would rather have a fully fit Patterson bombing forward over Hickey but think the wee man is nailed on at RB.

We really should be taking a few off this mob at home, quietly confident we will, 3-0.

On 23/03/2023 at 12:12, dave_binos said:

There's zero doubt in my mind it will be a decision I regret.

Scotland 5 - 0 Cyprus

Stirling Albion 0 - 2 Dumbarton 

23 hours ago, Hendricks said:

I hear you but this is Cyprus we are playing, a team who lost their last competitive match 5-1 to Kosovo! 

This will be a comfortable Scotland win and it will be good to see a few guys get game time in preparation for a very different test on Tuesday.

I believe we have won the recent games with Cyprus but usually with ( only ) a 2 - 1 scoreline.

Kosovo probably have more goalscorers than us

12 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Certain to start:

Highly likely:

Gunn, McTominay

More likely than not:

Hanley, Christie

He's played 2 formations in 3 years, a real curveball thrower indeed🙄

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

We've played 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 3-4-3 and 3-5-2 at the very least, and it absolutely is true to say that his team selections are not easy to predict, they never have been in his time in Scotland.

We've played 532 a lot