Scotland v Cyprus 25/03/23

TheScarf

On 21/03/2023 at 17:21, welldaft said:

I made a mess and booked this weekend (golfing) in St Andrews despite having tickets for the Cyprus Game !! Totally forgot about the Scotland game 🤷‍♂️😡.

I have two tickets. A Senior and Adult for South Stand Lower Section I3 Row QQ. Decent enough seats. Looking for face value £30 for Adult and £20 for Senior. Will sell together or separately. 

Cheers 

Just bumping this up the thread. 
Still available. As I and my friend bought the 5 ticket package the prices are less than the single ticket I believe.

Also as barcoded entry a Senior ticket should not be a problem for an Adult. Just saying 😉

Gunn

Hyam-Hanley-Tierney

Hickey                            Robertson

McGregor-McTommy

McGinn

Dykes-Adams 

3 at the back at home to Cyprus but have Tierney bombing forward and more or less have Hickey & Robertson high up, one of the CM's can drop back, if it's not that above I can't see past Clarke going with a 4231 with Armstrong-McGinn-Christie & dropping one of Hyam/Hanley n having Adams up top, quite like the thought of Hickey & Robertson bombing forward tho against this shite. I would rather have a fully fit Patterson bombing forward over Hickey but think the wee man is nailed on at RB.

We really should be taking a few off this mob at home, quietly confident we will, 3-0.

1 hour ago, M0rtonfc said:

Gunn

Hyam-Hanley-Tierney

McGregor-McTommy

McGinn

Dykes-Adams 

3 at the back at home to Cyprus but have Tierney bombing forward and more or less have Hickey & Robertson high up, one of the CM's can drop back, if it's not that above I can't see past Clarke going with a 4231 with Armstrong-McGinn-Christie & dropping one of Hyam/Hanley n having Adams up top, quite like the thought of Hickey & Robertson bombing forward tho against this shite. I would rather have a fully fit Patterson bombing forward over Hickey but think the wee man is nailed on at RB.

We really should be taking a few off this mob at home, quietly confident we will, 3-0.

Would be happy with that

1 hour ago, M0rtonfc said:

Gunn

Hyam-Hanley-Tierney

McGregor-McTommy

McGinn

Dykes-Adams 

Like it a lot. C'mon Scotland!

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

Why? Our home record has been excellent recently and we have been regularly scoring 2+ goals. 

Firstly, I truly hope I am wrong, I want to win every game but I have learned that having low expectations for Scotland stands me in good stead ie I am not too disappointed when it goes wrong and I do not go too OTT when we do well.

I just feel that although the squad is generally settled there a LOT of players  not in great form at all. Not arsed about lack of game time as they never let us down but I worry about where the goals are coming from? where is the spark? If Adams and Dykes start where is the impact from the bench?  Ryan Christie is not exactly settling the world alight, nor is Armstrong as they will be the go to's. Jacob Brown is not exactly prolific either is he?

It is a big worry but as said, I really really do hope you all make me eat my words.

4 hours ago, Streets of Raith said:

Gunn

Porteous Hanley Tierney

Hickey  McTom  McGregor Robbo

McGinn  Ferguson

Adams

Robbo and Hickey staying wide, Ferguson and McGinn arriving into the box. 

Would be happy with that. 

2 hours ago, troopio said:

Firstly, I truly hope I am wrong, I want to win every game but I have learned that having low expectations for Scotland stands me in good stead ie I am not too disappointed when it goes wrong and I do not go too OTT when we do well.

I just feel that although the squad is generally settled there a LOT of players  not in great form at all. Not arsed about lack of game time as they never let us down but I worry about where the goals are coming from? where is the spark? If Adams and Dykes start where is the impact from the bench?  Ryan Christie is not exactly settling the world alight, nor is Armstrong as they will be the go to's. Jacob Brown is not exactly prolific either is he?

It is a big worry but as said, I really really do hope you all make me eat my words.

I hear you but this is Cyprus we are playing, a team who lost their last competitive match 5-1 to Kosovo! 

This will be a comfortable Scotland win and it will be good to see a few guys get game time in preparation for a very different test on Tuesday.

8 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Gunn

Hyam-Hanley-Tierney

McGregor-McTommy

McGinn

Dykes-Adams 

Has it not been shown Adams and Dykes do not work together ?!

19 hours ago, Craigieboy86 said:

I think possible 

line up 

Gunn

Hyam Porteous Tierney 

Ralston McGinn McGregor Robertson

Ferguson

Dykes Adam

19 hours ago, Craigieboy86 said:

I think possible 

line up 

Gunn

Hyam Porteous Tierney 

Ralston McGinn McGregor Robertson

Ferguson

Dykes Adam

The " real " centre backs are rather inexperienced ?!

2 hours ago, troopio said:

Ferguson

3 hours ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Taking my nephew to his first scotland game on Saturday. Will there be plenty of stalls selling merch around the ground?

There’s usually a jd stall with the official Scotland gear on the north west corner of the ground. You’ll obviously have the not-so-official scarf sellers all around the ground too.