Scotland v Cyprus 25/03/23

TheScarf

3 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

I did not know this, thanks.

Can you "piggyback" onto the opposition making one of their allowed substitutions? I.e. if the game is stopped anyway for them to make a change, can you throw on your final sub too even if you've previously subbed on during three previous stoppages?

No it counts as one for both teams. The only way to make a sub that doesn't count towards the stoppages is to make the sub during the half time break (or any additional breaks during a game that goes to extra time).

I didn't hear any booing of Jack this time but pretty embarrassing if it happened. Scotland games are class and we have a great support, but the Tartan Hillbillies just can't help themselves sometimes. Jack's probably one of the least deserving for ire given his Scotland performances. If he and McGregor can play nice (with great results) then I'm sure it's not too much to ask for big baldy Hamish to do likewise. 

We will need to play a lot better if we are to take anything on Tuesday. I thought we looked extremely flat, despite generally controlling the match.

Christie to start would be my preference to support Dykes.

Folk booing Jack while playing for Scotland are laughable. They are probably the same people that get offended when a Rangers fan criticises or shows disassociation with the Tartan Army without any hint of self awareness. I’d be curious to hear from anyone that did or would have boo’d him. Everyone so far seems to have rightly called it out for what it is.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

We will need to play a lot better if we are to take anything on Tuesday. I thought we looked extremely flat, despite generally controlling the match.

Folk booing Jack while playing for Scotland are laughable. They are probably the same people that get offended when a Rangers fan criticises or shows disassociation with the Tartan Army without any hint of self awareness. I’d be curious to hear from anyone that did or would have boo’d him. Everyone so far seems to have rightly called it out for what it is.

How obvious was the booing? I was at the game and didn't even notice it.

I agree it is pathetic and have always hated it when this kind of thing happens no matter who the player is. 

It does nothing to help the player, the team or the atmosphere.

5 minutes ago, ahemps said:

I agree it is pathetic and have always hated it when this kind of thing happens no matter who the player is. 

Going by what folk on here are saying it sounds like it depended on what section you were in as to whether you could notice it or not. I was watching it in a packed pub so can't say I heard it.

7 minutes ago, ahemps said:

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Going by what folk on here are saying it sounds like it depended on what section you were in as to whether you could notice it or not. I was watching it in a packed pub so can't say I heard it.

I was in the North West section (where McTominay knee slided towards after the 3rd goal) and it was definitely quite audible there as his name was read out.

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

Before the game I didn't think there was a need to play both Jack and McGregor, keeping Jack for the Spain game would've been my preferred choice giving his injury problems,the energy in the last 20 minutes from McTominay and Christie is something we will need for 90 minutes against Spain, for me this is where the problem is, I've said on the Spain thread I would go 4-3-3 but don't see Clarke doing that. 

I was in South Upper and while it wasn't that loud I could definitely hear some booing from the other side. On the other hand I think I was the only person in the stadium to cheer when Dom Hyam's name got read out 😂

10 hours ago, ahemps said:

S**n*ss ?

AND I am sure I read somewhere back in 1966 ! Billy Bremner was booed during the " friendly " with Brazil for over enthusiastic man marking of Pele

Edited by Ewanandmoreagain

10 hours ago, ahemps said:

I heard it pretty clearly in the North Stand.

Some of the lads behind me were at it, I suspect they were Aberdeen fans as they cheered Fergusons name, booed Jack and Armstrong.

Saying that they were so pissed that they kept moaning about Armstrong losing the ball when it was McGregor and Jack that were responsible, and mixing up Hanley and Porteous.

On 25/03/2023 at 15:31, Elixir said:

We are regressing as our main men and the dour one's favourites don't get as much game time at their clubs in the EPL. It will be third place and the play-offs again for us.

Haaland would have bagged about eight against these chumps in the first half, probably all assisted by Odegaard.

Right, we are fucking brilliant and I am an absolute cretin (never in doubt, etc etc).

See you all in Germany next summer.

Everyone around me thought it was the full-time whistle too. I turned to leave. You can't expect a player to be able to know exactly when five minutes was up, and it should have been exceptionally obviously to the referee from the context - nobody is going to be that frustrated with a nothing decision when the game is away.