Scotland v Cyprus 25/03/23

TheScarf

That was an enjoyable game. My first one for 22 years. 

I agree about the tempo, we were dragged down to Cyprus’ level for the most part, it was too slow and sideways for me. We should be moving the ball at pace against a team clearly much worse than us. 

Did I imagine it or was there noticeable boos when Ryan Jack’s name was read out during the starting lineups?

This is probably for the recently started Hampden improvement thread but I have to agree about the poor roads and infrastructure around the stadium. It took us 50 minutes to get a mile and a half onto the M74. The issue is the coaches. There’s so many of them and the traffic light timings around Hampden are laughable. 1-2 coaches in a row of 10 in front of you getting through a green light each time. Horrific. Definitely a train job for future Scotland games and regular The Caley Scottish Cup finals. 

Does anyone find it strange that Clarke did not bring someone on after the goal to make it 3 0?

The game was finished 

We used 4 subs (the maximum is 5)

He could have even brought Hyam on just to get him capped as he is probably unlikely to win a cap in future

Any thoughts on this?

2 minutes ago, nessies long lost ghost said:

Does anyone find it strange that Clarke did not bring someone on after the goal to make it 3 0?

The game was finished 

He could have even brought Hyam on just to get him capped as he is probably unlikely to win a cap in future

Any thoughts on this?

Max is 5 subs over 3 stoppages which he'd already used by bringing on Dykes on his own then Christie with McTominay and then Patterson.

57 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That was an enjoyable game. My first one for 22 years. 

I agree about the tempo, we were dragged down to Cyprus’ level for the most part, it was too slow and sideways for me. We should be moving the ball at pace against a team clearly much worse than us. 

Did I imagine it or was there noticeable boos when Ryan Jack’s name was read out during the starting lineups?

This is probably for the recently started Hampden improvement thread but I have to agree about the poor roads and infrastructure around the stadium. It took us 50 minutes to get a mile and a half onto the M74. The issue is the coaches. There’s so many of them and the traffic light timings around Hampden are laughable. 1-2 coaches in a row of 10 in front of you getting through a green light each time. Horrific. Definitely a train job for future Scotland games and regular The Caley Scottish Cup finals. 

Nah it happened and isn't the first time with Jack either. Some people at Hampden need to grow the f**k up.

1 minute ago, nessies long lost ghost said:

The game was finished 

Any thoughts on this?

You have to make your 5 subs in 3 windows. You’re still only allowed to stop the game 3 times. So you either need to make a triple sub + two single subs, or two double subs + one single sub.

Adams went off injured in the 58th minute and was replaced by Dykes, so there’s one window gone.

Then we made a double sub to bring on Christie and McTominay nine minutes later. Only one window left. 

We used our last substitution window when Hickey got injured. We’d have had to make two subs then or give up the opportunity to make a 5th sub. We were only 1-0 up so not advisable to go fucking around with the defence at that point. 

3 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Nah it happened and isn't the first time with Jack either. Some people at Hampden need to grow the f**k up.

I met an Aberdeen fan in the boozer last night and he just couldn't accept the fact that Ryan Jack is a good player. Just a seething mess of an individual. He would've definitely been booing. 

6 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I thought so. There was some bald prick in front of me who kept butting into me and my mates conversations too.  We ended up just winding him up intentionally towards the end of the game. 

1 hour ago, CM. said:

I met an Aberdeen fan in the boozer last night and he just couldn't accept the fact that Ryan Jack is a good player. Just a seething mess of an individual. He would've definitely been booing. 

Genuinely can’t even begin to understand these people - they are utterly tragic. 

It isn’t quite the same example, but when O’Donnell played for Killie and was playing regularly for us I wouldn’t even contemplate making a negative comment about him, never mind booing. 

Ryan Jack has been good for Scotland - if you boo him you are an utter c**t. I wouldn’t even say he is a particularly offensive player either. 

15 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Ryan Jack has been good for Scotland - if you boo him you are an utter c**t. I wouldn’t even say he is a particularly offensive player either. 

I agree that club loyalties should be laid to one side when supporting the national team although it's hard for Aberdeen fans with this particular rat who goes out of his way to wind us up.

However, if the booing was noticeable then it surely couldn't have been all Aberdeen fans.

Maybe pockets of Aberdeen fans started it and others followed.

2 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I agree that club loyalties should be laid to one side when supporting the national team although it's hard for Aberdeen fans with this particular rat who goes out of his way to wind us up.

However, if the booing was noticeable then it surely couldn't have been all Aberdeen fans.

He was a good player for Aberdeen, Aberdeen fans slaughtered him when he signed for Rangers - he then gave them a bit back. It’s football - it happens. 

It’s beyond pathetic and Aberdeen fans need to grow the f**k up. They can act how they want supporting Aberdeen but can stay the f**k away from Hampden if they can’t forget about it for Scotland. I agree it wouldn’t just be Aberdeen fans, though I know there are a large number in the SSC!

35 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Genuinely can’t even begin to understand these people - they are utterly tragic. 

It isn’t quite the same example, but when O’Donnell played for Killie and was playing regularly for us I wouldn’t even contemplate making a negative comment about him, never mind booing. 

I like Jack

He puts in a lot of the dirty work that goes often unseen 

17 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Fans giving stick but not being able to take it?   Colour me shocked. 

I’m a Dandie myself and would give Jack absolute pelters if I was watching him in a club game against us. 

However when he puts on the dark blue he is representing my country and I get fully behind him, as I would with anyone playing for Scotland no matter who they play for. 

12 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I’m a Dandie myself and would give Jack absolute pelters if I was watching him in a club game against us. 

However when he puts on the dark blue he is representing my country and I get fully behind him, as I would with anyone playing for Scotland no matter who they play for. 

Same.

Apart from Ian Kenneth Black.

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Max is 5 subs over 3 stoppages which he'd already used by bringing on Dykes on his own then Christie with McTominay and then Patterson.

I did not know this, thanks.

Can you "piggyback" onto the opposition making one of their allowed substitutions? I.e. if the game is stopped anyway for them to make a change, can you throw on your final sub too even if you've previously subbed on during three previous stoppages?