Scotland v Cyprus 25/03/23

TheScarf

40 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Those criticising Jack starting must be new fans or they slept through the qualifiers for Euro 2020/2021 where Jack was excellent. Scotland improved under Clarke when Jack was settled in midfield and we missed him at the tournament. I think he does a lot more grafting than McTominay and whereas the latter is the better player, he is not always the best option as a holding midfielder for us. 

As for Armstrong, in and out the game but I thought he did well for his usual 65 mins or so he is contractually required to stay on the park for club and country if he starts. Just seems to offer that something a bit different. It is almost like you could easily give him and Christie 45 mins each for every game in going forward. I like them both - in terms of skill and tracking back. But both can be anonymous depending on the beat of the game. 

Ferguson needs to be given an opportunity

52 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I think we need to learn to expect that kind of game under Clarke against dross. We skooshed it for about 75 minutes, had a 10-minute wobble where he changed formation at least once then got the goals we deserved. Hanley and McGregor were excellent, and Porteous and Robertson were probs next best despite a couple of poor moments. 

I don't think the 3-4-3 was particularly good as it either left us too exposed to counters or not in the best position to pick up second balls, and the two 10s didn't have their best games. Jack was fine but there were moments when we could've done with (a fit) Gilmour speeding things up and being a bit more adventurous. Some of our play was really fluid but too slow/safe on the ball. Ultimately, that helped us control the game more but maybe we could've been in a position where we didn't need to be so determined to control, if that makes sense. 

Fantastic result 

2 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Remember the 1985 game where Dalglish, McStay and Johnston scored in a 3-0 thumping of the Spanish 

I'm sure it was 3-1?

2 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Remember the 1985 game where Dalglish, McStay and Johnston scored in a 3-0 thumping of the Spanish 

also I'm sure it was 1984.You're doing well so far...

3 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

It was 3-1.

Still on my way home. By jings Hampden takes some getting away from by bus.

I'll take the result but I can see Cyprus getting some hidings from other teams in the group. They offered little even when we were toiling.

Edited by KirkieRR

4 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

Also it was Mo Johnston with 2 as well as Dalglish's well remembered strike.

1 minute ago, KirkieRR said:

It was 3-1.

Still on my way home. By jings Hampden takes some getting away from by bus.

I'll take the result but I can see Cyprus getting some hidings from other teams in the group. They offered little even when we were toiling.

Back to pub for 2 hours then try and get bus

Probably get home 30 mins difference

Just back from the game. Seeing a lot of negativity around Armstrong on here. I thought he was very good first half. Had some very good link up play with Tierney and Robertson and found space really well between the Cyprus midfield and defence. Cracking pass through for Robertson at the first goal too.

40 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Spain XI for the Norway game

Kepa

Carvajal-Nacho-Laporte-Balde

Rodri-Merino

Olmo-Aspas-Gavi

Morata

It doesn't strike the same fear into you as the team a decade ago

Still probably a pumping