Scotland v Cyprus 25/03/23

TheScarf

That was underwhelming but a decent-ish result in the end. McTominay surely done enough for a starting spot.

Gunn not much to do. One slip up though and one fairly routine save. Porteous ok but spends too much time on his arse. McGinn good. Christie good.

Can do better though.

Just now, Empty It said:

Hampden was empty for the last 30 minutes there, don't understand the mentality of leaving games early especially when winning.

It was boring and they fancied a pint?

2 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Was nervy for a while at 1-0 but they never really looked like scoring and 3-0 feels like a fair reflection. 

Professional start to the group. Would love a point on Wednesday. 

Absolutely no chance of getting a point on Wednesday. Hopefully get one on Tuesday though!

4 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Hampden was empty for the last 30 minutes there, don't understand the mentality of leaving games early especially when winning.

Still packed, here at Forthbank!

2 minutes ago, Venti said:

Good to get the win, but we need to seriously up our game on Tuesday.

They'll likely be more up for it than today.

Not out of arrogance, but because players must dread games like this. 3-0 win and they'll get no credit for it, but if that had ended goalless we'd have slaughtered them. All they really need is to pull out a performance next week and nobody's going to complain.

6 minutes ago, GiGi said:

To think people thought the likes of Jack and Armstrong had good games.

Much better midfield that finished the game than started it.

It's far easier to play forward when the opposition are throwing bodies up the park instead of sitting in and defending with every player. 

To think you can compare the two is just nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Yeah, I always feel that if I leave I might miss something incredible.  An overhead kick goal from twenty yards out by the keeper, or a good fistfight.  

Even at baseball games, which are usually a bit longer, I don't leave early, in case something happens that's never happened before.  

After all, if you've stumped up for a ticket you might as well get your money's worth.