Clyde vs Airdrie 24/03/2023

3 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Fair fucks to anyone who continues to go watch this week in week out. 

Maybe they should stop going to send a clear message to the board this is unacceptable? Can Duffy please be retired now and get someone (Swift or whoever) in for the last few games to at least give us a tiny chance of finishing 9th and perhaps getting through the playoffs? This is beyond a joke. 

Just now, RutherGlen said:

Maybe they should stop going to send a clear message to the board this is unacceptable? Can Duffy please be retired now and get someone (Swift or whoever) in for the last few games to at least give us a tiny chance of finishing 9th and perhaps getting through the playoffs? This is beyond a joke. 

Couldn't tell you the last game I was at. Why give the board £17 to watch that fish. 17 quid in this climate is ridiculous as is.

1 minute ago, TamClyde said:

Couldn't tell you the last game I was at. Why give the board £17 to watch that fish. 17 quid in this climate is ridiculous as is.

Yeah, I can't say I blame you. Unfortunately I have a season ticket so have attended almost all home games this season. Until tonight that is...enough is enough. I understand our hands are tied to some extent and most of the damage is already done and our fate most probably already sealed. BUT...perhaps the one thing we can still do is change manager. Not to copy Peterhead but just because it's a reasonable thing to do in these circumstances so why  wouldn't we give it a go? What the hell have we got to lose???

1 minute ago, RutherGlen said:

Yeah, I can't say I blame you. Unfortunately I have a season ticket so have attended almost all home games this season. Until tonight that is...enough is enough. I understand our hands are tied to some extent and most of the damage is already done and our fate most probably already sealed. BUT...perhaps the one thing we can still do is change manager. Not to copy Peterhead but just because it's a reasonable thing to do in these circumstances so why  wouldn't we give it a go? What the hell have we got to lose???

I bought a season ticket haven't been back since Thicots disaster game. Unless this board is gone there is no fucking chance I'm spending my own money on one next year. This board couldn't run a bath

8 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Duffy won't get the sack. Board are 1) too scared and 2) too skint to do so. Brought In till end of season and unfortunately I think he will be staying until then. If he does go who comes in? Yeah you can say young and up-and-coming managers but who wants to come to Clyde right now. It is not an attractive job to anyone at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Duffy won't get the sack. Board are 1) too scared and 2) too skint to do so. Brought In till end of season and unfortunately I think he will be staying until then. If he does go who comes in? Yeah you can say young and up-and-coming managers but who wants to come to Clyde right now. It is not an attractive job to anyone at the moment. 

Fair points but surely Swift would take the gig if offered? I have no clue as to whether he'd do a better job than Duffy but I'm struggling to see how he could do any worse so gotta be worth a punt, no? 

38 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

What amazes me still is that somehow, Peterhead are still worse than us. I really can't comprehend that there is a team that is and has been worse than us all season. 

Peterhead are worse than you by a considerable distance as well, which is even more astonishing. I thought Clyde weren't much worse than us for large parts tonight, we took most of our chances though.

On another note, get it up Kyle Doherty. Total fud.

4 minutes ago, Diamond8 said:

Peterhead are worse than you by a considerable distance as well, which is even more astonishing. I thought Clyde weren't much worse than us for large parts tonight, we took most of our chances though.

On another note, get it up Kyle Doherty. Total fud.

Aye, I’d agree with this. Airdrie absolutely deserved the win but felt like every shot on target went in. I don’t think we necessarily played worse than normal tonight tbh, we’re just fucking shite and invariably we‘ll be on the end of a few hidings. 

Just get us down now. The fact we could, in theory, stay up this season is remarkable. If there was ever an advert for two up, two down it’s this league. 

A strange game. I don’t think there was much between the teams but Airdrie have a lot of pace and ability going forward and Clyde don’t. Still, if you can win 5-1 without being at your best then I’ll certainly take it.

A shout out to Devenny and Frizzell for their goals. The former’s was excellent, a well worked training ground move and a brilliant finish. Frizzell’s was exactly what he needs to do more often. He’s so good at dropping into space and getting into great positions but so often, even a couple of times tonight, takes an extra touch and loses momentum. He’s got a great shot on him when he does have a go, it was a fantastic strike.