Clyde vs Airdrie 24/03/2023

1 hour ago, Diamond1924 said:

Not too sure how this one will go as I honestly think Clyde are at least better than Kelty and Peterhead. Clyde made things much more difficult for us than the likes of Montrose etc but we still came away with 3 points. 

I predict 1-3 Airdrie 

Certainly better than Peterhead but over the course of this season we've found Kelty more difficult opponents ( until last week) and I hope we've worked out how to do bette than that narrow last win at NDP. So I'll be happy with your prediction but wait till later before I give my own.

With Clyde a massive 18 points behind Kelty & their only win since the turn of the year a narrow 1-0 home win against Peterhead I would hope they don't give is too many problems especially now Nacho is a benchwarmer for the Grangemouth mob. 

With Peterhead 3 pts behind and a tight run in including an away to Peterhead it might be tight for the Bully Wee.

I've enjoyed watching us go forward tonight, we have played well enough and could have more goals. No imposter full backs in midfield surprisingly makes a difference as Salkeld, Cuddihy and Roberts are all athletic and decent runners with the ball.

Defensively, we are playing an Airdrie who are on the crest of a wave and Sula hasn't been clever for any of the goals. We've also abandoned the edge of the box at corners, presumably to try and stop free headers in it. Means that teams can get a free shot if the ball drops there.

We've actually played quite well (relatively speaking) but we panic at the back and stand off players at the edge of the box whereas Airdrie haven't given us a second to get a clear shot away.

Edited by Jaggy Snake