QP v Arbroath

That was something else.  A huge crowd, despite this grim season, terrible terrible weather, up against a well drilled team who look comfortable on the ball, occupying the terracing at an away ground, and it felt like we revelled in it.

It felt like we went to war tonight, and we absolutely sucked the life out of that game!  Queens were trying their patient passing build up play, but we just didnt let them settle, so much so that they resorted to going more direct too.

Really enjoyed that, we rode our luck, but we went to war and won!

46 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Sadly that's been coming. We haven't played well for the past few weeks and for all the possession we had in the first half, we didn't look like scoring.

Fair play to Arbroath, they stuck to it and finished very strong.

I don’t think we’ve played well since Ayr at start of Feb. For me the performance decline started at Raith a fortnight after that. 

6 cup finals to come. It’s still in our hands, but we seem to be short of ideas. 

I watched the televised game and forgot all about this. Is this the wheels falling of QP's campaign? It'll knock their confidence, losing to the bottom side at home. I predict a nervous finish.

The disappointing thing is Dundee getting promoted again. I want something different - Ayr or Morton, please. If not, Thistle.

Fantastic committed and disciplined performance, and much needed..  Queens were passing it around well first half without creating many openings up top but I feared they might wear us down as the game advanced.  But second half, we stepped up a bit and maybe Queens got frustrated trying to unpick our solid defence.  Good turnout of the Lichtie support on a wet night..

On 13/03/2023 at 22:28, G_&_T said:

Much obliged, folks. 

No disrespect to either side, but we need our strongest teams in Europe.

17 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

The disappointing thing is Dundee getting promoted again. I want something different - Ayr or Morton, please. If not, Thistle.

Moan about Falkirk or ICT getting into Europe, then hope Morten get promoted.

What a fuckin minter.

On 20/03/2023 at 12:42, qpfc said:

Another huge game which although no game in the championship can be deemed as easy, we really need to be going into this fixture getting 3 points. We’ve generally been very decent against Arbroath across the season. The previous game at ochilview was a tight affair and a blunder at the back killed us that night. Watched Arbroath against Morton on Friday and thought they looked pretty awful in all honesty. We really need to exploit their weaknesses and not give them anything to hold on to. 

No idea what the lineup will be after the injuries. By all accounts, Boateng is okay so hopefully he’s still available. Again, I’d like to see Healy in for Henderson. Henderson hasn’t been necessarily bad but he’s missed big big chances in his limited appearances and looks distinctly average in all areas 

Going for a 3-0 win 

sexy leonardo dicaprio GIF

That was more like it. Last week gave me the absolute fear it was the worst we’d played in so long and last place you’d want to go after that is away to the league leaders who are full of pace and attacking threat however we defended like good Arbroath teams have done before this season and also had chance’s ourselves.

Adarkwa needs to start every single game till the seasons out. Yes he missed an unbelievable chance but he takes us up the pitch a million times better than Olusanya. The side behind him is also really quite a solid one, that’s 5 unbeaten now although the draws and lack of goals are what’s killed us this year. Hetherington in for Gold and I’d keep that team going forward.  

Hilson what a finish from you by the way, unbelievable composure. 

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That was more like it. Last week gave me the absolute fear it was the worst we’d played in so long and last place you’d want to go after that is away to the league leaders who are full of pace and attacking threat however we defended like good Arbroath teams have done before this season and also had chance’s ourselves.

Adarkwa needs to start every single game till the seasons out. Yes he missed an unbelievable chance but he takes us up the pitch a million times better than Olusanya. The side behind him is also really quite a solid one, that’s 5 unbeaten now although the draws and lack of goals are what’s killed us this year. Hetherington in for Gold and I’d keep that team going forward.  

Hilson what a finish from you by the way, unbelievable composure. 

Adarkwa is the best of a bad bunch,  but I agree. He must start every game until the end of the season…..and playoffs 

Guys gave everything tonight and  what a great result. Special mention to the back line as well. Gaston and Tam with the heroics we take for granted and thought Banks deserves a mention too. Prevented 2 or 3 definite Queen’s goals with some brilliant tackling

So chuffed for Hilson to get the goal tonight as well cause he’s always given his all on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Adarkwa is the best of a bad bunch,  but I agree. He must start every game until the end of the season…..and playoffs 

I also agree. Of our strikers, only Adarkwa has really grabbed his opportunity.  He has to start.  

Edited by ExiledLichtie

Also… if Simon Murray was playing last night QP win that game. One of they balls across the face of the goal would’ve 100 percent been knocked in by him there is nothing surer. 

QP have some amount of pace and creativity in that side, thought we done well to restrict them to what they had and to deal with whatever they did throw our way. Tam made a great tackle and Banks also somehow managed to clear one away but I was thinking at the time…. If Murray was still on that park for QP they’d have gotten ahead. Shields and Henderson don’t have that same threat or strikers instinct