QP v Arbroath

There will be around 100 -150 Arbroath fans attending this match - I doubt any of them would be travelling if they thought the result was a foregone conclusion.

Sure, Arbroath have been poor this season, but they are still more than capable of beating Queens - I think this will be a low scoring draw, probably 1-1.

If Arbroath lose, the pessimists won’t be disappointed.

45 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

There will be around 100 -150 Arbroath fans attending this match - I doubt any of them would be travelling if they thought the result was a foregone conclusion.

Sure, Arbroath have been poor this season, but they are still more than capable of beating Queens - I think this will be a low scoring draw, probably 1-1.

I think supporters of the team that is top of the league will always be reasonably confident of beating the team that is second bottom (on goal difference). That's is very different from thinking it is a foregone conclusion.

2 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Not sure if Healey is ready for a full 90 yet, physically, but I’d like to see him get 30+. Henderson, like McPake, slows down so many attacking moves by turning back into play and moving inside rather than pushing forward and widening the pitch.

Healey has potential to make a big impact on the run-in. Get him ready now.

Anyone know what happened to Kilday? Will he be back for the final charge?

Calf injury I believe. 

We are murder as was shown on the telly last Friday. A team lacking in quality and fight. If we somehow pick up 3 points it could go down as the biggest surprise of the season. I’d bite your hand off for a point. 

11 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

We are murder as was shown on the telly last Friday. A team lacking in quality and fight. If we somehow pick up 3 points it could go down as the biggest surprise of the season. I’d bite your hand off for a point. 

Lacking in quality I agree, lacking in fight totally disagree,, let's see what Friday brings, I'd quite happily take a point, but will travel down in hope rather than expectation 🇱🇻

45 minutes ago, Blablabla said:

Lacking in quality I agree, lacking in fight totally disagree,, let's see what Friday brings, I'd quite happily take a point, but will travel down in hope rather than expectation 🇱🇻

I’d like to remind all our friends from Arbroath that the QP fans on here have spent decades travelling in hope rather than expectation. The current position is very peculiar, as I’m sure you lads and lasses remember from a year ago. But it’s better to have loved and lost, than not loved at all. 

Enjoy the game!

11 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Oh do shut up you clown. Stop sucking off the club and look at this in reality. We are rubbish and have been all season. The player recruitment has been awful and is the reason we are in the situation we are. You trying to act like a super fan is quite frankly embarrassing. 

13 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I’d like to remind all our friends from Arbroath that the QP fans on here have spent decades travelling in hope rather than expectation. The current position is very peculiar, as I’m sure you lads and lasses remember from a year ago. But it’s better to have loved and lost, than not loved at all. 

Enjoy the game!

Last season seems a million years ago, the atmosphere in and amongst the support is bordering on depressing just now. 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Enjoy the game!

Yeah. Pretty much as we have been for the vast majority of my years as a fan of Arbroath. We have to learn to appreciate the good times as the bad times can be just around the corner as we’ve proved. I hope QP go up and do well, I shudder to think what would have happened to us this season if we went up last year.

Our home record this season is particularly horrific: 1 win, 9 points and only 9 goals in 14 games at Gayfield after being practically unbeatable at home last season. No rhyme nor reason to it but once a team lose that confidence and momentum, it’s very difficult to get back.

What continues to amaze me is our support - we still had 1500 home fans for a live tv match last Friday when it’s been grim viewing every home game.

ETA I knew our away record isn’t bad but was shocked to see that we’re unbeaten in our last 5 away games and have the 2nd best away points tally in the league, next to Ayr, over those 5 games. Perhaps there is some hope on Friday after all.

Edited by Tattie36

Lack of creativity and quality at the top end of the pitch is totally killing us so if we manage to keep it tight and defend we can nick a draw. Would leave out the front three from last week and play Linn, Stewart and Adarkwa. 

Disagree with the lack of fight comment, the players worked their socks off against hamilton with 10 men, and last week as pish as we were they still dug in and somehow managed to scrape a draw. Not sure how they can be labelled as not fighting, we're just nowhere near good enough in terms of quality hence our league position. 

Absolutely no reason why Arbroath can't grind out a low scoring draw on Fri night - they have a very good away record and a good defence.

Queens rightly start as favourites to win, but their is a determined fight among the Arbroath squad of players and while they lack quality in some areas, they proved last week against Morton that they can grind out a result.

A low scoring draw would be a good result for the 'broath.

1 hour ago, clashcityrocker said:

Absolutely no reason why Arbroath can't grind out a low scoring draw on Fri night - they have a very good away record and a good defence.

Queens rightly start as favourites to win, but their is a determined fight among the Arbroath squad of players and while they lack quality in some areas, they proved last week against Morton that they can grind out a result.

A low scoring draw would be a good result for the 'broath.

I think you could be right. If we win I don't see it being by more than a goal.

4 hours ago, Anotherlichtie said:

Last season seems a million years ago, the atmosphere in and amongst the support is bordering on depressing just now. 

Then think back to the days when QP knocked you out the L1 playoffs. We’re both  better than that now🙂

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

30 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

What game? This one?🤭

Yes just rub it in, the reading in this thread is depressing enough without being reminded about that😉

Anyway 4-0 to the Lichties on Friday.......