QP v Arbroath

Another huge game which although no game in the championship can be deemed as easy, we really need to be going into this fixture getting 3 points. We’ve generally been very decent against Arbroath across the season. The previous game at ochilview was a tight affair and a blunder at the back killed us that night. Watched Arbroath against Morton on Friday and thought they looked pretty awful in all honesty. We really need to exploit their weaknesses and not give them anything to hold on to. 

No idea what the lineup will be after the injuries. By all accounts, Boateng is okay so hopefully he’s still available. Again, I’d like to see Healy in for Henderson. Henderson hasn’t been necessarily bad but he’s missed big big chances in his limited appearances and looks distinctly average in all areas 

Going for a 3-0 win 

Edited by qpfc

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Going for a 3-0 win 

Arbroath have only conceded more than 3 goals in 4 league games this season - back when we had a weak midfield which put our defence under extra pressure.

The midfield has now tightened up (with the exception of last week's debacle) and I can't see our defence conceding 3 goals.

Think this will be a low scoring game - predicting a 1-1 draw.

This will be tough. Thirteen draws for them and only lost one more than Thistle, Raith and Inverness. We’ve shown a different side to ourselves to grind out wins over Cove and Inverness. We might just need to do the same again. Just win. Don’t care how. 

I hope this is not another close game where we grind out a win. Arbroath can come up with the goods from time to time. Since January they've beaten Dundee and Morton (we haven't managed that yet) and they've drawn with Partick, Ayr and Morton. Arbroath will be no pushover. 

Healy deserves a start I think, and with Henderson on the bench that would give us options on the attack.  

Looking forward tome good game and, although Arbroath have been pretty good in defence only conceding two in their last four matches (four draws), I think Queen's will be on top in this one.   A 2-0 victory for the QP is my prediction.

Solely looking at league position and the previous meetings this season, you would expect a home win with few issues.

However as mentioned above, despite their struggles Arbroath have been able to cause an upset this season and have taken more points off Dundee & Morton than we have. Add in no defeat in the last four games & only conceding twice as they fight to survive, I unfortunately see it as another tense 90 minutes for QP fans.

I honestly don't care if we win 1-0 or 11-0 for the next seven weeks, all that matters is three points.

I’m encouraged by the way Arbroath played (or didn’t) for 75 minutes against Morton. If our attacking players are in the mood I can see really taking advantage. And it pains me to say it cos I loved him at QP, but I really hope we have someone running at Ricky Little. He looked very leggy against Morton and we have the players to do the damage. 

As has been said, I’d have Healy on for Henderson from the start. Henderson hasn’t necessarily done anything wrong, but he’s not really done anything other than miss a few gilt edged chances. He doesn’t look like a natural wide player. 

Having a 6’7 player attacking the ball from set pieces is a massive asset too. He scored a belter on Saturday and was very unlucky with one in the first half too. 

Arbroath 2-1. 

1 hour ago, williebraveheart said:

Frankly, if we can't win this one we don't deserve to win the league.

You might want to consider lowering your expectations - you'd think Arbroath were playing Barcelona or Real Madrid from your derogative comments.

Queens have been amazing this season (just like Arbroath were last season), but don't be surprised if this ends in a low scoring draw and the league title is far from over yet.

Edited by clashcityrocker

Queens Park took us to the cleaners in our last game and I can see no reason why they won’t do it again on Friday. Despite what some of our fans think, we have barely improved, if at all, since our last meeting and Queens are flying.

This is one game where I’d be quite happy for us to set up defensively and play for a draw (cue Dick paying our most attacking formation of the season). Even a low scoring defeat isn’t a disaster as no-one expects us to take anything from this. As long as Accies and Cove lose or draw at best then a defeat isn’t the end of the world.

6 minutes ago, keptie said:

How has Oakley been doing for QP? He was performing really well for us once he'd settled. Would much rather have him playing for us than against us.

Settled in well, fits in with the football the team plays. He's been an asset for us. Great player.

54 minutes ago, keptie said:

How has Oakley been doing for QP? He was performing really well for us once he'd settled. Would much rather have him playing for us than against us.

He’s fantastic. Would hope the club do all they can to get him signed permanently in the summer. I’d imagine if we’re in the premiership, we’d be in a strong position to do so 

34 minutes ago, qpfc said:

He’s fantastic. Would hope the club do all they can to get him signed permanently in the summer. I’d imagine if we’re in the premiership, we’d be in a strong position to do so 

He was fantastic for us and it was obvious he would move on sooner rather than later. A standout in a dreadful team.

Involved in one of, if not the most bizarre substitution by Campbell so far this season. Beating Cove 1-0 at home and looking as comfortable as you can at that score. Oakley playing really well and he gets subbed because Dick said he was tired - lots of bemusement in the support and a shoulder shrug from Marcel as he went off. Cue moving a midfielder to right back and us chucking away the lead and holding on for a point.

A decision that cost us 2 points that day. 2 points that could/will be critical in a few weeks.

Edited by Tattie36

Not sure if Healey is ready for a full 90 yet, physically, but I’d like to see him get 30+. Henderson, like McPake, slows down so many attacking moves by turning back into play and moving inside rather than pushing forward and widening the pitch.

Healey has potential to make a big impact on the run-in. Get him ready now.

Anyone know what happened to Kilday? Will he be back for the final charge?

55 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Not sure if Healey is ready for a full 90 yet, physically, but I’d like to see him get 30+. Henderson, like McPake, slows down so many attacking moves by turning back into play and moving inside rather than pushing forward and widening the pitch.

Healey has potential to make a big impact on the run-in. Get him ready now.

Anyone know what happened to Kilday? Will he be back for the final charge?

I think this would be the perfect game for Healy to start. Would imagine Arbroath will sit in a defensive shape which will allow or at the very least encourage Healy the time to run with the ball and unlock the defence. You’d hope his confidence would be sky high currently after his last few outings 

Agree with the comment on Mcpake. He seems to be out the picture currently which doesn’t necessarily surprise me. One good month around October/November surrounded by some complete meh performances. Don’t think I’d be considering any permanent contract in the summer 

Edited by qpfc