Falkirk v Kelty Hearts

Early start for this one simply because I am bored reading the indescribably dull attention seeking slavers from the QoS Tory boys on the Falkirk thread.

Think we will win reasonably comfortably as long as we get the first goal.

Will the wee temper tantrum Higginbotham last the game?

For me, the “catch the Fifers” game is over, and it’s now all about nailing down 2nd place. Whatever happens beyond that is pretty much out of FFC’s control.

Clearly, two consecutive league defeats cannot be allowed to turn into three. We need to get second place guaranteed asap (and hopefully we’ll before the semi final and the play offs).

Anything less than a win here, and like it or not, that will start to look like a significant wobble, and that is something that needs to be avoided.

f**k sake man I wish we had won on Saturday. There's going to be an indifference dets in towards the league games soon and I hope it at least doesn't come until the playoffs are cast in stone. With Hampden looming and the league gone it's an early limbo for us. 

What a difference if we had cut the lead to 5 and had a game on the Friday ahead of Dunfermline going up to Montrose. 

As it is, it's hard not to feel a bit meh about these games now. 

Ideally McGlynn will have the players in a better mindset than myself. 

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Meh is what beat us on Saturday.

Cannot have anymore of that.

We have promotion and a Scottish Cup Final to play for, standards must be kept high every game.

Totally agree. But it's hard as a fan so all I am saying is that if it's also hard as a player, I hope McGlynn can tackle that. 

It looks like we are going to get our crack at promotion, but its fucking weeks away. We need to seal the deal as far as best possible position for the playoffs. But it would have been so much easier to keep at it had we narrowed the gap. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Totally agree. But it's hard as a fan so all I am saying is that if it's also hard as a player, I hope McGlynn can tackle that. 

It looks like we are going to get our crack at promotion, but its fucking weeks away. We need to seal the deal as far as best possible position for the playoffs. But it would have been so much easier to keep at it had we narrowed the gap. 

True but auntie had baws I’m afraid.

We have to deal with where we are and to be honest could you have imagined being in this position this time last year.

The players are professionals and must earn their wages and we do now have competition for places to keep them motivated.

3 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Would that not be 5 nil?

if it was 2 x hat tricks he would prob be able to count them all on the one hand mind you it is fife so 4 is probably just the same .. 🤣

Kinnear
Rowe Donaldson Mckay Mccann
Hendo
Morrison Max Kennedy
Burrell Oliver

In our last two games against Kelty we've never troubled them until we went two upfront so I'd like to see us start with the two in this game. Didn't work at Alloa but that was because we didn't play with any natural wingers in that game. Oliver coming short and Burrell going in behind.

Given 2 league defeats on the spin, we need to arrest the slide so key to start this one well. Got caught cold last time at home against this lot, so energy and legs from the start i would say, maybe Yeats and Max as 2 holding, with Morrison and Kennedy/Nesbitt wider. I'd also like to see 2 up, maybe give Allen a run out with Oliver, with Burrell kept in reserve for when their legs are tiring.

Bad news folks, Higgys been out for a couple of weeks so you may be unable work through your unresolved trauma. He's such an energetic go-getter that boy, he'll be missed. 

Cardle will probably come on as a sub, there should be an opportunity to congratulate him on a stellar career as he warms up, unless he hovers around the unfinished bit. 

Keltys form has been as poor as Clyde's over the past five games. I'd expect a result for Falkirk but at their strongest Kelty are capable of coming away with something. I don't think we'll bring many through but a game under the floodlights in front of what should be a good crowd against a side that not be here next season is quite appealing.