Montrose vs Dunfermline

53 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I get that, but keeping possession isn't really their jobs. Hamilton is a disruptor and is there to break up play (I'd rather he did that and then gave the ball to Chalmers or someone else), Todd is a box to box player who is there to get us up the park either by running or passing and Wighton is there to link up play and score goals. Chalmers was brought in by Hughes because "he had a habit of passing to a teammate" and his role in the team is to keep the ball moving and start things from the back. It's like wondering why nobody criticises Mehmet for poor throw ins or Benedictus for poor crossing or whatever. 

You don't think Todd or Hamilton should be able to play 4 yard passes? That's the criticism that's been given of Joe, which is ridiculous. 

By the way I wanted him gone in the summer, but he's turned it round.

I didn't think Chalmers was as bad as the majority seemed to last season. Not that he looked like the new Xavi, just that he wasn't the worst midfielder I've ever seen for us.

I especially liked the opinion someone expressed that he'd missed the penalty against Alloa in the League Cup shoot-out deliberately - to spite all the supporters who were on his back. 

For me it's his off the ball effort that boils my piss I suppose. I do want to like him and l do see the positives he brings. I'm not a big hater but he does frustrate me at times. Mind you so do al0t of others. Its the standard we are at I suppose

Edited by Heaton